Wolverine Blow-Up Toy CONFIRMED real!
Posted: 31 March 2009 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-01-09

By the good ol’ Mike Mozart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnfuZK2XaTI

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. You think you can fool me?

Posted: 31 March 2009 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

Alex already covered this (it’s not real):

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/permalink/wolverine_blow-up_doll/

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 31 March 2009 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-01-09
JoeDaJuggler - 31 March 2009 07:56 PM

If it’s not real, then how does Mike Mozart have it in his hands? Besides, it’s an inflata-hammer, not a blow-up doll. Wow, this site is getting dumber.

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. You think you can fool me?

Posted: 31 March 2009 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

After watching the video, It looks like Poser is right. It is an actual toy…. gulp

Yikes.  That is one toy I would NEVER blow up for my kid! LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 31 March 2009 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

[Jim Gaffigen impersonation]That would be weird…[/end]

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 31 March 2009 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I took the “not real” part of the thing as being that the whole “it’s part of a gay consipiracy” thing was not real, not that the toy itself was not real.  Sort of like all those other pictures that make the rounds on the Internet where a real picture is given a fake background.

PoserExposerJay - 31 March 2009 08:50 PM

Wow, this site is getting dumber.

Especially when it starts having people who judge an entire website by one comment on it. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 31 March 2009 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2336
Joined  2005-11-02

I

Signature 

The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.
Oscar Wilde

http://www.destinedtofall.co.uk

Posted: 31 March 2009 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

If it’s not real, then how does Mike Mozart have it in his hands? Besides, it’s an inflata-hammer, not a blow-up doll. Wow, this site is getting dumber.

Ah, such a gentleman, aren’t you PoserJay?

I read Alex’s entry (which you apparently didn’t before starting this thread), and the article on The Advocate:

Photos of a supposedly new inflatable toy by comic book and film giant Marvel made the rounds this morning—a blow-up Wolverine doll with a strategically placed inflation tube right on his crotch.

But further digging confirms the toy is a hoax hatched by the clever folks over at The Onion’s affiliate website ChristWire.org.

I suppose there could have been a production screw up that resulted in this.  But since it’s an old joke already, I think it’s credible that it’s a hoax. 

By the way, “fail” is a verb not a noun.  We already have a noun—it’s “failure”.

Oh but wait a minute—I’m dumb, so I guess I should emulate whatever language patterns I get off of YouTube.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 01 April 2009 12:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

We’re not getting dumber, you’re just becoming more of a prick.

What? I’ve had a few (read: dozens) drinks and am in no mood to suffer the prattle of ignoramuses.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 01 April 2009 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07

Unfortunately, this does seem to be a legitimate “Inflatable Wolverine Toy”. So the Claim that an Inflatable Wolverine toy with the inflation point being rather unfortunately located is not a hoax.

I’ve gone through a few articles an not unless it was a really ridiculous site did it claim that it was a “Wolverine Bolow-up doll” specifically.

The Inflatable Wolverine toy with an inflation point located where the male genitalia would be is thus not a Hoax. The claim that it is a “Blow up doll” is. Who, if anyone looking at that picture would realistically assume that it was a blow-up doll?

Meh…

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 01 April 2009 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

It’s like a scene from a Steve Martin movie. Some guy is blowing that thing up when the female love interest comes by, gives a weird look, etc.

Like something from Police Squad…

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 01 April 2009 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Actually, the scene you want is from Airplane, with the stewardess inflating Otto, the autopilot..

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

1 of 2