2 of 2
{/paginate}
Alexander the Great, famous Aussie
Posted: 21 March 2009 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

Oh come on he was dug up by the Welsh prince Madoc and buried in the Ohio valley in the US.  Every one knows that

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 21 March 2009 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Renquist - 21 March 2009 11:29 PM

If he was Jesus it would be a bit over the top to start a quest just to find his cup, wouldn’t it? I mean he’d be making cabinets and things.

Nah.  You see, Arthur didn’t go looking for the Grail.  He just sent his other knights out looking for it.  Which he knew was a futile quest, what with the Grail being there in the kitchen as a waterbowl for his cat, Mr. Fuzzybritches.  Thus he could send out annoying followers on an “important mission” and know that they’d be away and out of his hair for a goodly while.  Look at who he sent out:  the most ultra-pious, chaste, holier-than-thou knights.  Who would want those guys lurking about Camelot spoiling all the fun with the ale and the games with the wenches?

And that would give him more free time to head up north and go bowling with Ol’ Muckle Alex.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 March 2009 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01
Accipiter - 22 March 2009 02:43 AM
Renquist - 21 March 2009 11:29 PM

If he was Jesus it would be a bit over the top to start a quest just to find his cup, wouldn’t it? I mean he’d be making cabinets and things.

Nah.  You see, Arthur didn’t go looking for the Grail.  He just sent his other knights out looking for it.  Which he knew was a futile quest, what with the Grail being there in the kitchen as a waterbowl for his cat, Mr. Fuzzybritches.  Thus he could send out annoying followers on an “important mission” and know that they’d be away and out of his hair for a goodly while.  Look at who he sent out:  the most ultra-pious, chaste, holier-than-thou knights.  Who would want those guys lurking about Camelot spoiling all the fun with the ale and the games with the wenches?

And that would give him more free time to head up north and go bowling with Ol’ Muckle Alex.

Well duh. He sent the knights away because he was tired of Lancelot lusting after the Queen while he wasn’t around (Traditional legend be darned, I follow the T.H White version!)

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}