3 of 12
Did Noah take dinosaurs on the Ark?
Posted: 22 August 2005 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5801
Joined  2004-11-11

“Before the Flood, plants were watered by rivers, underground springs and dew—instead of by rain.”

LMAO… too funny!

Signature 

http://www.truovrld.blogspot.com

Posted: 22 August 2005 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

That Brick testement kicks ass…...funny stuff, lol….

Posted: 23 August 2005 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

Yeah… wasn’t the “Brick Testament” on the old forum? Pretty sure it was here that I saw that place. VERY funny!

PS - Like the new avatar Snowy… much better than spider lady!

smirk

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 23 August 2005 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

It was on the old forum.  Somewhere…

BTW, back on topic…I don’t recall dinosaurs ever being mentioned in the bible…:-S

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 23 August 2005 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-22
Smerk - 23 August 2005 09:23 AM

BTW, back on topic…I don’t recall dinosaurs ever being mentioned in the bible…:-S

Well Smerk…

Like most other things that people get from the bible, in order to “read” about dinosaurs in the bible you need to use LOTS of conjecture. The bible will mention something like “leviathan” and believers call that a sea monster when it could merely be a reference to a whale. Or the bible will mention a “behemoth” and believers say it’s the bible talking of dinosaurs when in reality it could possibly just be a reference to an elephant or hippo.

The important thing to keep in mind is “conjecture.” Conclusions based on inconclusive evidence, or what’s commonly referred to as “guesswork!” Like 75% of everything gotten from the bible, it’s all based on interpretation.

rolleyes

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 23 August 2005 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-22

There are lots of meanings for every word, no matter the language. And believers often get what they want to out of what is written. For example, in the ancient Middle East the word “virgin” meant unmarried whereas today it means un-sexed. So the meaning that suits the purpose more is used, without regard or recognition to other possibilities. When it’s approached with an open, educated mind considering all posibilities then the phrase “virgin birth” no longer sounds all that implausible. It merely sounds like it needs further translation before it can be properly understood in today’s language.

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 23 August 2005 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09

Mark did his homework!!!!

Posted: 23 August 2005 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Well, what *I* understand of Leviathan is this:  The word is a collective, and so used for many things.  Although each thing is specifically descriped.  Serpent, Pharoah, etc.  Similarly, we might use the word ‘monster’ to describe a bad person, an unknown shadow in a closet, or the size of something.

The best description is in Job:  I cannot be silent about his limbs, his power, and his graceful proportions.  So, it’s got limbs, whales don’t have limbs.  Who can strip off his outer covering?  Who can penetrate his double layer of armor?   Thick skinned.  Who can open his jaws, surrounded by those terrifying teeth?  I dunno about you, but I’ve never even SEEN rhino teeth.  [His] pride is in [his] rows of scales, closely sealed together.   Elephants with scales??  I don’t think so.  His snorting flashes with light, while his eyes are like the rays of dawn.  Flaming torches shoot from his mouth; fiery sparks fly out!  Smoke billows from his nostrils as from a boiling pot or [burning] reeds.  His breath sets coals ablaze, and flames pour out of his mouth.  I don’t know any animals that even closely resemble this.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 23 August 2005 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09

They speak of a Dragon Maeg….....Dragons interestingly enough have stories told all around the world by civilizations that have never crossed paths with others…..But the descriptions of dragons seem very similar.

Posted: 23 August 2005 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

Gigantic creatures that fly.  Not all that similar, in fact.  Eastern dragons are usually mammalian without wings and only four limbs while western dragons are reptilian with wings and either four or six limbs.  Nordic dragons tended to be colossal wormlike creatures that didn’t even fly.  The closest thing that I can think of from the new world had feathers, usually no limbs, and were smaller.  All in all, they seem very dissimilar to me.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 23 August 2005 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09

My point being is that most cultures had some sort of “Dragon” like creature…......despite phisical traits…...Im keeping this simple….stop being an ass…..lol

3 of 12

‹‹ Between You and Me      Walken for 2008 ››