2 of 2
An extremely gross advertisement blunder?
Posted: 18 February 2006 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

It could just be a case of the wrong thing happening at the wrong time. I remember a few years back there was an article on the front page of our local newspaper about a truckie who had fallen asleep at the wheel, crashed the truck and died. The picture accompanying the article was one of the truck in a ditch with the advertisement on the side of the truck that said ‘Time to switch drivers? Don’t drive tired’.
At the time I thought it was awful they’d used that photo but now, it’s kind of funny. But we all know I’m going to hell…

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 18 February 2006 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-02-18

I’ve seen something similar to this, albeit not as utterly wound salting, but still pretty bad. it was one of those huge banner-esque double billboards that was magnificently well lit and placed so that everyone with eyes could clearly see it, well, i geuss that’s the point of a billboard, but anyway, it was an alcoholics anonymous sign on half of it, and the other side had a huge, 20ft tall frothy mug of Stella Artois, with the words below reading:  ‘indulge’
i’ve heard some variations of this, so clearly it’s happened before in other places, and it really calls into question the guys who put up these signs, and what exactly they’re thinking whilst applying two blatently contrasting ads. probably a bunch of alcoholics.
what a weird world.

Signature 

“Well Sir, while I may not like what You say, I’ll defend to the death Your right to say it.”
-Peter Griffin

2 of 2