Posted: 10 February 2009 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Faked?

More proof?

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 10 February 2009 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

*waits for LaMa to make his appearance on the thread*

Well, as far as some of the stuff in that video goes:

1)  The first scene with the bubble coming up—the video says that such a thing could only happen in the underwater training tanks.  How do we know that that part of the video wasn’t just that:  archival film of the Chinese training in the water tanks before going into space?

2)  The other scenes with “bubbles” moving from the one hatchway—those could be something other than bubbles.  Little bits of debris, for example, being knocked out into space.

3)  The flag waving—okay, that flag did not wave “like it is underwater”.

4)  The mysterious reflected lights—camera lights?

5)  The astronauts (I forget what the Chinese call them) don’t let go of the spacecraft—gee, perhaps they didn’t want to go floating off helplessly into space?  Maybe they actually had work to do?

6)  The Earth is always in the same position—that’s the way it often works with orbiting spacecraft, unless you put spin on the vessel.  You have one side of the spacecraft always facing towards the Earth.  You’d always have the Earth occupying the same space in the sky if you look at it from the same angle.  When the narrator writes disbelievingly “Somehow the craft’s movement matches the Earth’s exactly?  For hours?”, that’s just showing how little he knows about such things.  There are satellites up there that have matched the Earth’s movement for years.

7)  The clouds on the planet are moving too quickly—you also have to add in the speed of the spacecraft; unless it’s locked in a geosynchronous orbit, then it can be flying around the planet at a rather considerable speed.

8)  The clarity of the video in comparison to other space missions—technology changes.  And is the quality really any better?

9)  The incriminating official websites—even if I could read Chinese, those images of the websites would be far too blurry to read

All in all, I don’t see any of these claims proving anything.  The spacewalk footage could be faked, sure, but none of this evidence conclusively shows that to be the case.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 10 February 2009 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2006-05-29

I saw the supposed ‘proof’. And most likely they did use some not-from-space footage. Similarly to the fireworks at the Olympic opening ceremony, where the first part was CG.
The communist party just loves showing the public/world its best side (think cute singing child with voice-over), but that doesn’t mean they didn’t go to space.

Signature 

-Paranoid amnesiac: I keep forgetting they’re after me-
Vanquished Illusions and Desire wear Techno-Organic Wings

Posted: 10 February 2009 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06

The behaviour of the attachment cords and the flag (contra what the video claims) seems to support weightless conditions to me.  In water, the metal attachment hook hooked into the rail would experience gravity and the part attached to the cord would turn downward.

The “bubbles” are bits of “whatever” coming out of he opened hatch. Maybe simply bits of paper. These things can be seen in EVA video’s from Russian and US astronauts as well, especially as remnant air escapes upon opening the hatch. The apparent increase in speed of one of the objects to me seems to be caused by the thing (whatever it is) coming closer to the camera.

China is a technologically advanced country. Some seem to have problems to accept that.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 10 February 2009 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

And as Acci already remarked: the fact that the Earth remains in the same position is a function of the spacecraft being in an orbit around it, with attitude control (you don’t want your manned spacecraft to spin). That really was a silly argument, and shows the hallmark of the true conspiracy nut seeing unusual things in things that actually are as they should be.

Same for the speeding clouds. The Shenzou spacecraft was in low earth orbit. It moved around the earth at 7.5 km/s. There is really nothing unusual in that.

Signature 

———
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 10 February 2009 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21
LaMa - 11 February 2009 12:39 AM

China is a technologically advanced country. Some seem to have problems to accept that.

Well of *course* the footage is faked.. everyone *knows* the earth is really flat and that all footage from ‘space’ missions is really faked to conceal the truth….

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 10 February 2009 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16

In Communist China space walks you!

That doesn’t sound as good as “Soviet Russia”. downer

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 10 February 2009 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Tah - 11 February 2009 02:58 AM

In Communist China space walks you!

That doesn’t sound as good as “Soviet Russia”. downer

It just doesn’t sound good in any way at all, I’m afraid.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 10 February 2009 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16
Accipiter - 11 February 2009 02:59 AM

It just doesn’t sound good in any way at all, I’m afraid.  wink

Sure it does!

In Soviet Russia space walks you!

Okay.  You were right. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 11 February 2009 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

It seems popular to question everything nowadays. When last week Iran launched its first satellite, OMID, there were also some people dismissing it as a “lie”, even though the USA and amateur observers tracked it in orbit.

Signature 

———

Posted: 11 February 2009 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

On the other hand, I must admit that North Korea has a history of claiming satellites in orbit that did not exist…

Signature 

———

Posted: 11 February 2009 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

And the USA in turn, denies that some of their satellites exist, while they really do exist (as we observe them).

Signature 

———

1 of 3