3 of 4
Halewood lights…I don’t know if this is what we saw….Has anyone seen these?
Posted: 30 January 2006 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/milufo.html

These stories, at least one, is based in the area where we lived and during the same relative time period

The article starts like this:

(Article by A.J.S. Rayl)
This article was written by A.J.S. Rayl and then placed on a newsgroup. It deals with three specific individuals, who have come out into the open and shared what they have known about UFOs including Robert Dean (ex-Nato Officer), Bob Lazar (Scientist who claims he worked at the base in Area 51) and Col. Charles I. Halt, U.S. retired-officer who was at the Bentwaters U.S. Airbase in England in the 1980’s. We obtained a copy of this through the mailing list organized by Francisco Lopez, who is searching the airwaves for key information about UFOs.

Illinois

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 20:33:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Francisco Lopez {d005734c@dcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us}
Subject: (fwd) REPOST: Inside the Miltary UFO Underground

From: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) ()
Newsgroups: alt.alien.visitors,alt.paranet.ufo
Subject: REPOST: Inside the Miltary UFO Underground
Date: 22 Apr 1996 05:40:43 GMT

Inside the Military UFO Underground
By A.J.S. Rayl

In 1969, Project Blue Book—the 16-year U.S. Air Force investigation of UFOs—came to an end, and so did the government’s interest in extraterrestrial flying discs. Or so the American public has been told. In recent years, numerous individuals and documents from various agencies have emerged from behind the veil of government secrecy to tell a different story. Their spin: that while the government officially abandoned all interest in UFOs, a secret military underground was hot on the trail of suspicious radar blips, saucers, and even the aliens themselves. What follows are the stories of three individuals—two of whom come with impressive military credentials; they say they have glimpsed what seems like evidence of a decades-old cover-up cloaked in the guise of national security. The third interviewee, a propulsion-system engineer, claims he was hired by an independent military contractor to study the innards of an extraterrestrial spacecraft being researched and tested on the Nellis Air Range in central Nevada.

The stories follow on the site given in the URL at the top.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 07 February 2006 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2006-02-05

I believe that our understanding of this world is very limited. Whatever we want to believe or can “prove” by fact is all just an illusion in the end. The point is that we DON’T know and the more we try to make explinations and try to understand… anything… the more we are straying from the truth. Never kid yourself that you know everything. You know nothing. I know nothing. If you or I or anyone on this planet knew anything about what we are dealing with in the long run. The universe is so vast. Hulitoons, try not to find out what they [the lights] were, but find out their purpose. Maybe that will lead you to finding some truth. If not, divine within yourself for their meaning.

Signature 

coco puffs and techno pop…sounds like a party

Posted: 08 February 2006 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

I believe that our understanding of this world is very limited.

Yup, me too.

Whatever we want to believe or can

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 08 February 2006 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19
hulitoons - 28 January 2006 02:57 PM
Charybdis - 28 January 2006 03:47 AM

Boogirl, you’re just making all that up.  You have no answers so you provide the ones that sound ‘cool’ and intimidating.  Why believe a wild, paranoid fantasy over a perfectly normal and boring probability?  Oh, sorry.  Answered my own question there, didn’t I.

Charybdis, you are somewhat of an enigma.  Challenge is a good term I think, but I’m not sure if you’re really challenging, searching or just love debate HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  If, on the other hand, none of these things are really true of you, then I am inclined to believe (there’s that word again) that you’d like proof that you and all the rest of us, really do exist, if what is around you is really real.  In truth, there is NO proof of any of this world, universe or even our ‘awareness’ of it. 

There are cultures who claim that none of this is real, that it is an illusion (perhaps of just a huge glob of eneregy that is ‘us’, but isn’t).  And if they are right (but there’s absolutely no proof), then the ‘proof’ about everything to date delivered by science (which is also a religion of unfounded proof by some ‘beliefs’) are also non-proof. 

So, let me offer this, there is no such thing as ‘proof’, there is no such thing as ‘us’ ‘we’ ‘you’ ‘they’.....  and even this ‘illusion’ is a fake. 

As to what Boogirl said though, that is, according to our understanding of this universal illusion (if it is), true.  My father spent many years having to withhold information from his family.  At times what he knew and was not permitted to share nearly rocked him to his knees.  It wasn’t until MANY years after leaving the service that some of this was discussed with me.  But there were a couple times that something, a name or place slipped that he supposed would hold no meaning to any of us. 

I believe, that night, my father knew what these lights were.

Aplogies for going back on the thread but (without knowing your Father’s rank, or area of assignation) just because your father worked for the governement doesn’t mean he would automatically have had immediate access to higher level infomation. Even if the US forces knew what the lights were doesn’t necesserily mean that your Father was privy to this info, He simply might not have had the clearance. After all the armed forces is a vast organisation with many different branches.

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 08 February 2006 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Mort - 08 February 2006 10:32 AM
hulitoons - 28 January 2006 02:57 PM
Charybdis - 28 January 2006 03:47 AM

Boogirl, you’re just making all that up.  You have no answers so you provide the ones that sound ‘cool’ and intimidating.  Why believe a wild, paranoid fantasy over a perfectly normal and boring probability?  Oh, sorry.  Answered my own question there, didn’t I.

Charybdis, you are somewhat of an enigma.  Challenge is a good term I think, but I’m not sure if you’re really challenging, searching or just love debate HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  If, on the other hand, none of these things are really true of you, then I am inclined to believe (there’s that word again) that you’d like proof that you and all the rest of us, really do exist, if what is around you is really real.  In truth, there is NO proof of any of this world, universe or even our ‘awareness’ of it. 

There are cultures who claim that none of this is real, that it is an illusion (perhaps of just a huge glob of eneregy that is ‘us’, but isn’t).  And if they are right (but there’s absolutely no proof), then the ‘proof’ about everything to date delivered by science (which is also a religion of unfounded proof by some ‘beliefs’) are also non-proof. 

So, let me offer this, there is no such thing as ‘proof’, there is no such thing as ‘us’ ‘we’ ‘you’ ‘they’.....  and even this ‘illusion’ is a fake. 

As to what Boogirl said though, that is, according to our understanding of this universal illusion (if it is), true.  My father spent many years having to withhold information from his family.  At times what he knew and was not permitted to share nearly rocked him to his knees.  It wasn’t until MANY years after leaving the service that some of this was discussed with me.  But there were a couple times that something, a name or place slipped that he supposed would hold no meaning to any of us. 

I believe, that night, my father knew what these lights were.

Aplogies for going back on the thread but (without knowing your Father’s rank, or area of assignation) just because your father worked for the governement doesn’t mean he would automatically have had immediate access to higher level infomation. Even if the US forces knew what the lights were doesn’t necesserily mean that your Father was privy to this info, He simply might not have had the clearance. After all the armed forces is a vast organisation with many different branches.

Hi Mort—My Dad wasn’t in the military (not at that time).  He was with the State Department and had the highest clearance and spent most of his time in the field weeks and months at a time.  In an effort to protect me (I was at an age where my safety became a problem), he took me with him on one of his trips.  The trip itself became a problem as well and we were hustled from bed at 2 in the morning and carried to the mountains, then from one tiny village to another.  Anyway, the nature of my Dad’s job was to gather intelligence.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 February 2006 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

I see, now that does make a bit ore sense, if that was the case i’d imagine he did have access to some pretty heavy info. Ta for clearing it up Hulitoons, I tried not to make it sound disrespectful or anything.

Incidentally, I was reading an article on Halewood the other day, i’ll dig it out and post it maybe, unless it’s been done. (Methinks it has).

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 08 February 2006 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Not meaning any disrespect to your father, Hulitoons, but just because he had high clearance for information doesn’t mean that he was actually given all information.  There are lots of things that are kept within departments, or just among a few people, even when there are other people who theoretically have the right to know about it.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 February 2006 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

You are quite right about that.  I don’t think anyone will ever know what the lights were, even though I’ve noted in the Blue Book and Condon (now pretty much closed) that though a staggering percentage of astronomers queried could also see these and noted they were real, they could not identify them by known and routine methods.  There is, undoubtedly a cause and effect somewhere and maybe one day science will have better methods.  Though we have ‘bots’ on Mars, many still-mysteries are right here.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2010 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06
hulitoons - 26 January 2006 11:49 PM

My father worked for the US Government there.  He took my brother, sister and me with him once (we were not supposed to be there).  [snip]  Because of the nature of my father’s work, we were often on military bases in other countries and because of his security and ours, we were not only priviliged to see but also ride and fly in the kinds of crafts you’re talking about.  I was keenly familiar with them.

hulitoons - 08 February 2006 10:42 AM

Anyway, the nature of my Dad’s job was to gather intelligence.

Out of curiosity: was your father involved with the CIA’s ELINT program in Northern Iran? It had at least two ELINT stations, TACKSMAN I and II, in northern Iran. the reason was what Acci alluded to:

Accipiter - 27 January 2006 06:03 AM

Actually, now that I think on it, this wouldn’t have been too far from where the Soviets had a lot of their rocket and space research facilities.

...it was an effort to collect telemetry and other radio signals relating to Soviet rocket and missile launches. They were located on the eastern side of the Caspian though (Beshahr and Kabkan), while your story seems to be set on the western side of the Caspian. Your description of what the place amounted to is similar however to descriptions I have read of the Kabkan (TACKSMAN II) facility.

At that time (mid 1960-ies) the US and some allies were flying covert ELINT missions, using amongst others U-2, A-12, RB-47 and RB-57 aircraft, along the Soviet (and Chinese) borders. Some of these got downed (on at least one occasion, in Sept 1958, because the Soviets had set up a false radio beacon, luring the aircraft into Soviet Armenian territory): at least two in the year you mention, one over the Black Sea, the other over Pakistan. Maybe what you saw was the Soviet airforce scrambling for an intercept, or possibly looking for a wreckage.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 14 October 2010 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I would accept that except that these lights did not behave in any way to any air vehicles that even exist today.  I guess the only way I can describe the movements at all would be to visualize two to three people with white laser pens playing games on the wall of a dark room. 

Obviously there was no tunnel of light ray showing from the ground up, just the lights themselves.  While you could see them move, it was very obvious they were moving very fast in very straight lines even though they dipped up and down occasionally.  Often they remained still and then moved away from a large light to a pin point of light and then suddenly came back again from pin point to large. 

If indeed these were air vehicles, then judging by the movement and the severe brightness and crispness of movement, whoever was using them was far more technically advanced than we here in the U.S. were at that time and today as well.  Being raised where I was and having been taken to various military areas, I saw up close too often what our military and those of other countries had at their disposal.  I would shudder today if it was proved that Russia had such vehicles or such technology back in the 60s because that suggests they are secretly leaps and worlds beyond any of the rest of us now.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2010 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I should add that at times, during the 20-30 minutes we watched, these did stop and remain still at times for 3-5 minutes before suddenly diving across the sky or away from us. 

I am dimly aware of the situation you, LaMa and Acci refer to.  In fact, it was also during that time that my father decided to take me, my younger brother and sister with him and an Iranian military group up into the mountains more northerly.  I remember my father not sleeping and us being herded up in the middle of the night to move further up into the mountains.  Much of this fleeing seemed an adventure but in hindsight, I believe we were probably safer with him than being left alone in Tabriz unguarded so to speak.  Something was happening up there, that’s for sure.

Signature 

3 of 4