{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
This is Berlusconi calling… (King of SCAM-mails…!)
Posted: 25 January 2006 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

This SCAM-mail I found in my inbox today is so ridiculous it must be a spoof. Berlusconi: come on!

Good day.

Forgive me for intruding into your private matter; my name is Mr. Silvio Berlusconi, Italian Prime Minister who is currently facing a probe over alleged fraud at broadcaster mediaset. I am being accused for a possible fraud trial, which involves millions of euros, and if fund guilty will lead to possible frozen of my personal account, my family wealth in offshore and other establishment.

See the web link for more details:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17056740%255E1702,00.html

I am looking for good business operator with reputable business records, company and individual who will help me transfer my millions of euros out of personal Bank accounts in various Banks across Europe in other not to lead to the frozen of my account when I am fund guilty by Italian Government.
I will not be dealing personally with you as I am place under security control, either my personal Attorney/Advisory will have all the transaction done with my approval.
  Please observe utmost confidentiality and be rest assured that this transaction would be done legally and most profitable for both of us.

For more information, contact my personal Lawyer/Advisory Barr. Tom Hendry. Email:  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thanks For Your co-operation and kind support!

Sincerely!
Mrs. Balicia Alfoson
Secretary.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 25 January 2006 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Good heavens, I hope you didn’t click on any of those links!  We received quite a few of these, some via snail mail, at the various law firms where I was employed.  Those you can simply toss, but with so many e-mails with various links embedded coupled with the curious human mind, these have become seriously dangerous in some cases too!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 January 2006 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
hulitoons - 25 January 2006 09:01 PM

Good heavens, I hope you didn’t click on any of those links!  We received quite a few of these, some via snail mail, at the various law firms where I was employed.  Those you can simply toss, but with so many e-mails with various links embedded coupled with the curious human mind, these have become seriously dangerous in some cases too!

I get tons of SCAM-mails like this each day,  most are filterd out by the filters of Thunderbird, a few pass nevertheless and this one did. What made me burst out in laughter is the idea that anyone really would believe Berlusconi would mail him. Berlusconi!

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 25 January 2006 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2004-12-01

Oh, really? I have probalbly more SPAM and SCAM than you Llama. My friends are really guillable.

Signature 

A very wise woman once said, marriage is like a deck of cards.
You need a heart to love him,
A diamond to marry him,
A club to smash his fucking head in,
And a spade to bury the bastard.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}