{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}
In Washington State, you can’t carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length
Posted: 28 January 2006 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

You’re entirely right!  Anyone can say anything on the internet and claim its authencity.  The prettier the page and the more professional it appear, the more likely they are to be ‘bought’ as real. 

It’s pretty hard now to gleen the good seed from the shaft!  That’s also why so many thieves use e-mails that even use specific logos from institutions we typically use and phish information as well as accounts that they in turn steal.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 07 February 2006 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2006-01-13

Good heavens, a six foot weapon why on earth would someone have something so huge.?  I can’t imagine trying to shot something that large.

Posted: 08 February 2006 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Boogirl - 07 February 2006 11:40 PM

Good heavens, a six foot weapon why on earth would someone have something so huge.?  I can’t imagine trying to shot something that large.

You should see the “long guns” they used to use here for waterfowl hunting.  Some of them got to be about a dozen feet long.

And of course, spears are often longer than six feet.  For that matter, so is my longbow (unless I walked around with it strung, which might unsettle people even more).

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 February 2006 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Accipiter - 08 February 2006 06:02 AM
Boogirl - 07 February 2006 11:40 PM

You should see the “long guns” they used to use here for waterfowl hunting.  Some of them got to be about a dozen feet long.

And of course, spears are often longer than six feet.  For that matter, so is my longbow (unless I walked around with it strung, which might unsettle people even more).

WOW!!!  You’ve a longbow?  I cannot even imagine getting this into position (I’m 5’) and then shooting!  I am deeply impressed (aside from their historical heritage!)  Gotta love ‘em!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 February 2006 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, if you’re five feet tall, you wouldn’t be expected to try using a six-foot bow.  It’s considered rather tacky, actually, to use a bow taller than you are.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 February 2006 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Accipiter - 08 February 2006 12:23 PM

Well, if you’re five feet tall, you wouldn’t be expected to try using a six-foot bow.  It’s considered rather tacky, actually, to use a bow taller than you are.

‘Tis Tacky, BUT, I could always hold it side-ways (effective clearing anyone in my periphery boundaries) before shooting and that’d be interesting.

Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2006 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2005-11-06

I have a swiss army pen knife and am more than willing for this to become illegal.  I have never found a use for it.  Similarly I have never found a use for the Swiss.

Signature 

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”—Douglas Adams

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}