5 of 16
{/paginate}
LifeWave glutathione patches scam
Posted: 13 August 2009 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

Okay. Pennies shall do just fine. And maybe some of the crystals that formed after my refrigerator leaked.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 13 August 2009 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

::cough::  Ahem…Topic, folks?

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 25 August 2009 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  458
Joined  2005-07-08

LIFEWAVE BUSTED IN AUSTRALIA FOR FALSE AND MISLEADING ADVERTISING.

http://www.tgacrp.com.au/index.cfm?pageID=13&special=complaint_single&complaintID=1349

27. “The Panel was not satisfied that the material provided by the advertiser constituted even minimally persuasive evidence that the advertised products could have the therapeutic benefits claimed in the advertisements.

The Panel therefore found that the claims relating to appetite control, craving control, weight loss, detoxification, antioxidant boost, anti-aging, skin repair, pain relief, relief of pain from injuries, relief of chronic pain, relief of migraines, relief of arthritis, enhancing energy, enhancing stamina, reducing fatigue, and promoting restful sleep, had not been verified, were misleading, and were likely to arouse unwarranted expectations in relation to the products.

These aspects of the complaint were therefore justified.”

b) “...to withdraw any representations that the advertised products are safe, or that they have benefits in relation to appetite control, craving control, weight loss, detoxification, antioxidant boost, anti-aging, skin repair, pain relief, relief of pain from injuries, relief of chronic pain, relief of migraines, relief of arthritis, enhancing energy, enhancing stamina, reducing fatigue, or promoting restful sleep;”

In Australia, they want REAL evidence about a product, not just testimonials and pseudoscience emanating from LifeWave central in the US.

Posted: 25 August 2009 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

Brilliant!  LOL

They should bring us in to testify. That’d be fun (“And in a stunning move yesterday, Lifewave was condemed thanks to the efforts of the Museum of Hoaxes!”)

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 26 August 2009 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

“The disparate band of forum regulars also requested that ‘the management be put to the sword, their offices burned, and the ground salted that nothing should grow there again’, in hopes that it might prevent the thread on the subject from growing larger than the Library of Congress..”

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 26 August 2009 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

“And thus it was written, the prophet rose up and tormented the false ones. Those who branded him the mark of the exiled. He returned as the ghost, the ghost of the sword. This shall be done.”- Book of silver, 37:36-38

Anyways, WAY TO GO AUSTRALIA!

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 26 August 2009 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21
Robin Bobcat - 26 August 2009 07:41 AM

“The disparate band of forum regulars also requested that ‘the management be put to the sword, their offices burned, and the ground salted that nothing should grow there again’, in hopes that it might prevent the thread on the subject from growing larger than the Library of Congress..”

Abso-Friggin’-lutely!!!!
LOL LOL

I like the way you think, Robin! wink

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 26 August 2009 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08

LifeWave Busted in Australia

I posted the info about the ruling in Australia to keep this thread up to date on latest developments.

The original complaint centered on one distributor in Australia by the name of Michael Podolsky.

He, like most LifeWave distributors, used information provided by LifeWave central in the US.

The Australian ruling ordered him to stop advertising because non of the claims made in the ads could be substantiated.

Of course, that’s been the point of this thread as well as the original hoax forum thread on LifeWave now up to page 263!

Poster Joel gave the info a few weeks ago on page 260:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forum/forum_comments/2526/P5180/

The ruling was made in April of this year.

How this ruling will affect LifeWave is questionable.

LifeWave continues its operations spreading from Country to Country.

Some cultures are more open to woo woo “science” than others.

Schmidt is clearly milking this scam for every penny he can and will continue to do so until he falls foul of laws in the USA.

Joel’s post from page 260 shows how much importance the ruling has for Mr. Podolsky.

Joel
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 | 07:27 PM

“EDHUK, let’s not overlook Michael Podolsky, who was ORDERED in that decision to cease his advertising through the Lifewave website. His distributor page, http://www.LifeWave.com/bodyinharmony, resolves to a distributor page for “Simon Podolsky” with an email address of .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Hmmm . . . would that be Michael Podolsky?

Why, yes, the TGA panel specifically found that Michael Podolsky was using the name “Simon Podolsky” on that Lifewave page. (Paragraphs 23 and 24 of the panel decision).

It would appear that complying with the law, and even complying with a specific order from a government panel whose mission is to protect the public against misleading advertising, is low on
Mr. Podolsky’s list of priorities.

EDHUK, what did you say it was all about for Lifewave? I forget.”

It’s interesting to see that since Joel’s post on August 5, Mr. Podolsky has actually complied with the Australian ruling and taken down his website.

The page or file you are looking for could not be found.

Make sure you put a www. in front of lifewave.com

Example: http://www.lifewave.com/myname

We wait for further developments.

I would say that we are waiting for verifiable scientific studies proving efficacy of the LifeWave range of products but, after all these years, we know that will never happen.

Posted: 26 August 2009 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

Looks like the site is still up to me.  I was able to learn all about the “Powerful effects of homeopathic remedies” and such like. shut eye
I tried to go and buy some, but I didn’t have a referring dealer #, so it said i would have to use the phone.

I think not. hmmm

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 28 August 2009 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08
DavePrime - 26 August 2009 05:36 PM

Looks like the site is still up to me.  I was able to learn all about the “Powerful effects of homeopathic remedies” and such like. shut eye
I tried to go and buy some, but I didn’t have a referring dealer #, so it said i would have to use the phone.

I think not. hmmm

This is the website link to the Australian who was ordered to take it down:

http://www.LifeWave.com/bodyinharmony

Posted: 27 May 2010 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-27

I stumbled across this website and was disgusted in what I read.  I do have something that may interest you though.

Before you look at my website, please google glutathione and read about its function in the body.  You can read clinical studies, see that they are patented products and could possibly give you some hope.

I use the products myself and after just a month could feel the change in my body.  I dont have any major health issues so I cant guarantee this is the answer but I was told by a physician that alot of children with autism are glutathione deficient.

Just take a look, watch the videos and get back to me with your questions.  http://thenpn.com/at/?id=16732

Again, I feel terrible that there are people out there just to make a fast buck without thinking about the people they are hurting.

Karen
Some information removed by Mod. That’s what private messages are for. Please do not post personal contact information, including emails, in the forum. Thank you.

{paginate}
5 of 16
{/paginate}

‹‹ Victor Lustig      Drake’s Plate of Brass ››