3 of 16
LifeWave glutathione patches scam
Posted: 11 July 2009 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
cleon - 11 July 2009 10:07 AM

Some of us are prepared to try a new technology for health and well being. 

Skeptics are not!

Of course they are.  Penicillin, CAT scans, all that sort of thing. . .all of them were new technology.  All of them were readily accepted by sceptically-minded people.  All of them, however, could actually show some evidence of working.  LifeWave, on the other hand, shows exactly zero actual evidence in favour of it.  Not any evidence.  None.  All factual information on it, really, overall shows that it won’t work the way that its makers and sellers claim.  There’s nothing new in the patches, after all.

Instead, all available evidence indicates a high level of dishonesty among the LifeWave company’s people, as well as a general lack of knowledge on their part regarding chemistry, biology, and the like.  The evidence shows that LifeWave is a scam.  So why should people be expected to rush right out and spend money on a scam?

And people who are in pain or cannot find relief for their health issues should be able to make up their own minds regarding their choices and /or Lifewave patches.

Which is why it’s important to let them know the reality behind their possible choices, rather than the marketing hype.  They should know that the people selling LifeWave have no evidence to support their claims, and have a habit of bending the truth to make their product seem more wonderful than it really is.

I wonder how many of the skeptics and dammers on this site have actually tried the patches.

Have you ever been shot in the head with a shotgun?  If you haven’t actually tried it, then you can’t actually say anything against my patented Shotgun-To-Head healing technique, right?

Perhaps they would rather be a victim of the Pharmacutical companies:
“take all your prescriptions like good little people so you will stuff up your bodies and never be healthy again - then we can get you to take MORE crap”
That is MORE money for us!!!!  And (by the way) we dont really care about your health and well being.

Right, because doctors want their patients to die, or to get fed up and go to other doctors.  Sure.  Just ignore all the research and verifiable cases where modern medicine has greatly increased the overall standard of living, health, comfort, lifespan, and suchlike.  It’s much easier and more gratifying to invoke some vast shadowy conspiracy which doesn’t even make sense (if there was a new technology developed, you can bet that the medical and pharmaceutical worlds would pounce on it readily, like they did with all those other new technologies that came along and were mentioned above).

For those of you who dam the Gluatathione patch in particular:  you need to do some reseach on Gluatathione.

You mean like the research that we did and mentioned on the other topic that you yourself started here, the one where you threw a tantrum and left in a huff because we wouldn’t blindly accept your word without question?  Or the 255+ pages of research that we know you’ve already seen here, since that was where you first came to this website?  Or maybe the many, many, many, many years of careful painstaking study that has been done on glutathione (see, we’ve done enough research to even spell the name of the stuff properly) by countless chemists, biologist, nutritionists, and other people and which has shown no trace of these magical properties that the LifeWave people claim (yet can never show) that it has?

Just because research doesn’t support the answers that you want it to do doesn’t mean that the research wasn’t done.

After that imagine what healing would go on for your health problem if your Gluathione levels would go up to 300% with the patches on.

We don’t need to imagine.  We already know (that was part of that research that you claim was never done, and which it seems you yourself haven’t actually done).  We’ve already covered what that would do to our health problems.  Two possible scenarios:  either a very possibly fatal interruption of who knows how many of our body’s vital biochemical metabolic pathways (resulting potentially in such things as your body tissue starting to disintegrate), or else random and rampant ionization and deionization of all the molecules in your body (resulting in such things as the failure of your central nervous system).  Yes, that sounds so very healthy!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 July 2009 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
cleon - 11 July 2009 10:15 AM

All Lifewave patches are FDA and TGA approved and are labelled a ‘medical device’.

They are approved by the FDA as Class 1 medical devices.  Which means that they don’t actually do anything in your body.  That means that the FDA says that they don’t do anything to glutathione levels.  That means that the FDA says that they don’t do anything to the body’s energy.  That means that they’re at the same level of medical ability as is a toothbrush.

If they truly did what the LifeWave company claimed that they do, then they would be listed as a higher class by the FDA.  But they’re not.  So, either the LifeWave company admitted to the FDA that LifeWave patches do nothing in reality, or else the LifeWave company hid information from the FDA and lied to them.  Just which of those two possibilities is the one that makes you think LifeWave is so wonderful and trustworthy?

The patches are NOT a cure. The patches clear blockages in the meridians, so energy can flow again, so the body can heal itself

And yet in all the years they’ve been selling these things, the LifeWave company has been unable to show anything.  They have not shown that their patches improve health.  They have not shown that their patches do anything to the body.  They have not shown any information relating to meridians and energy flow.  They have not shown anything.  People such as you keep on announcing that “studies” and “tests” have been done. . .but you can only ever give such claims in a very vague and general manner.  Whenever asked what tests were done, you all either get evasive, you bring up testimonials, or you refer to claims made solely by the LifeWave company itself.  Can you show us any actual proper tests that have been done and that have shown without doubt the powers of LifeWave?  Even just one specific test?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 July 2009 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-09
cleon - 11 July 2009 10:07 AM

I can vouche for both sides here: 

Yes Ive been on the prescritptions drugs, yes my body was dying, yes I have been using the patches and Yes, I am off all the drugs and getting in shape again.

For those of you who dam the Gluatathione patch in particular:  you need to do some reseach on Gluatathione.

After that imagine what healing would go on for your health problem if your Gluathione levels would go up to 300% with the patches on.

Another typical LifeWaver response.  All we have is annectdotal information.

Cleon is telling us the statement is true therefore it must be true, right?

“...you need to do some research on glutathione.”

I wonder how much research Cleon has carried out, not counting ANY research provided by LifeWave or its affiliates?

I have looked at a great deal of information about glutathione.

I know that it is sold in places like the Philippines as a skin whitening agent. It just happens to be a purported side effect of glutathione.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkfwZjLHKnQ

Here’s a company jumping on the glutathione bandwagon:

http://www.maxencoded.com/

Heck, as someone interested in MLM you might become a millionaire. You can thank me later!

Finally, back to the LifeWave Disclaimer:

“DISCLAIMER

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

The LifeWave patches are not intended to treat, prevent or cure any disease.

The LifeWave patches are intended for healthy adults, age eighteen and over….”

NOT evaluated by the FDA…which rather seems the opposite of the opinion of people like Cleon that the products have been thoroughly tested and approved by the FDA;

“All Lifewave patches are FDA and TGA approved and are labelled a

Posted: 11 July 2009 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

There’s always one of those guys who shows up here. Oy.

This reminds me of that aura-shaping healing technique which was disproved by a fourteen-year-old girl for a science project. I have to look up the name of that thing.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 11 July 2009 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
ZeldaQueen - 11 July 2009 09:35 PM

This reminds me of that aura-shaping healing technique which was disproved by a fourteen-year-old girl for a science project.

I would never have guessedwink

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2009 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01
Accipiter - 11 July 2009 09:38 PM
ZeldaQueen - 11 July 2009 09:35 PM

This reminds me of that aura-shaping healing technique which was disproved by a fourteen-year-old girl for a science project.

I would never have guessedwink

I really need to do something about my terrible memory. Do you suppose Lifewave helps with that?

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 11 July 2009 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23
cleon - 11 July 2009 10:50 AM

There have been many proven trials. 
Why do you think the FDA and TGA even considered their efforts to approve the patches. 
Dont you know that they dont even ‘look’ at approving a product unless there is proof in clinical trials (usually double blinded tests too)
I know,  because I am involved another product and trying to obtain approval.  Costs are HUGE dollars.

*Not written and not said: placebo effect*
*ehem* keyword here is considered.

Oh yes they do.
Let people make up their own minds!
I did and I tried the patches and I have got my life back after years on damaging prescription drugs.
Anyway the FDA and TGA and all the clinical trials prove that the patches

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 12 July 2009 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
silver caliber magnum - 12 July 2009 03:24 AM

And honestly, patches? Even i’m not that stupid to believe a PATCH can help me. For good reason a patch is just a friggin patch. There was no medical properties there.

Well, some patches can actually be of medical benefit.  Nicotine patches help people quit smoking.  Nitroglycerin patches help people who have heart problems.  And so on.  You’ll note two things about all of those helpful patches, though.

First, they have ingredients that actually do something to perform their function.  The nicotine in the nicotine patches is absorbed into the body, so it can have an effect on the body.  The nitroglycerin in the nitroglycerin patches is also absorbed into the body so that it can affect the body.  So there’s a real mechanism at work, which is what is needed to have a real effect.

Secondly, all of those patches have been shown to actually do something.  Nitroglycerin has been unquestionably shown to help with certain heart problems, and the patches have been shown to unquestionably release the nitroglycerin into the body so that it can perform its beneficial task.

LifeWave, however, has done neither of these.  It uses ingredients that have never given the slightest indication of doing what the company claims they do, the company says that the ingredients don’t actually go into the body, and the company has never shown that the patches have any real results.

I wonder if Cleon will actually bother to reply to any of these comments here and make even the slightest attempt to show that LifeWave works the way they claim?  Or is he just going to run away and sulk again because we don’t unquestionably accept his word and send our money to his LifeWave friends, wait several months again, and then appear here once more to start up yet another thread where he pretends that all of this discussion never took place and where he can try to sell LifeWave some more?  I’m hoping he will do the former, but from past experience with people like him I’m expecting the latter.  The general rules among these people seem to be:

1)  Make lots of vague claims, without ever stating any specifics.
2)  Throw around lots of testimonials and hope that nobody notices how worthless they are.
3)  Do everything possible to get people to send LifeWave money.  Insist that the only way people can know anything about LifeWave is to send LifeWave money.
4)  Ignore or dismiss offhand all information given that doesn’t support LifeWave.  Never actually try to refute any information, or to show that the information provided against LifeWave is wrong.  Just ignore it.
5)  When all else fails, make derisive or derogatory comments about the character of everybody while ignoring the actual subject being discussed, then run away and sulk.  This will hopefully distract casual readers from the fact that you never actually addressed any of the points that were raised against LifeWave, or gave any real evidence in support of LifeWave.

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2009 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-09

Accipiter,

As you know, LifeWave has based their entire “business” on a non-transdermal patch system.

NOTHING passes through the patch into the body.

When people ask how the patches work, they have received explanations that change every year, even every few months.

They “talk” to the body much like a cell phone.

They cause a “heating and cooling” effect.

They cause a “cooling” effect.

They use “light”.

They use “infrared”.

They use “acupressure” points.

After all these years, IF LifeWave had a REAL product producing a REAL effect, Schmidt would be a very famous man.

Scientists from all around the world would converge on his business in LA to discuss new applications of his “new technology”.

This has not happened.

SOCIOPATH David (not a doctor or a scientist) Schmidt has been the butt of comments like mine and has not attempted to deny these claims in court.

Had we accused ANY genuine inventor of a real and verifiable product, we would have been in court years ago.

The minute Schmidt heads for court to defend his “honor” the game is up.

!

Posted: 12 July 2009 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21
cleon - 11 July 2009 10:23 AM

Oh yes they do.
Let people make up their own minds!
I did and I tried the patches and I have got my life back after years on damaging prescription drugs.
Anyway the FDA and TGA and all the clinical trials prove that the patches ‘do what they claim to do’

I know better than anyone just how subjective and personal some debilitating conditions can be.  The mere act of doing something, anything can affect the person with many different conditions into believing that said procedure is having a beneficial effect. (Even though there is NO sign of it actually doing anything beneficial at all!)

I am glad that you were able to come off of narcotics.  But if I were you, I would take pride in the fact the YOU did so, not because some piece of worthless adhesive tape “made” you better, but because YOU made the effort and time to be clean. hmmm

These “healers” that sell this kind of snake oil are the lowest of the low!  I place them below child molesters and thugs that beat up the elderly for their Social Security checks.  The take people’s money on the pretense of “helping them”. (When in reality they are merely “helping themselves” to the desperate person’s money.) mad

I hope that Karma, if real, pays them back in spades for all of the pain, depression, and self-blame they bring upon their customers…. angry

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 12 July 2009 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
DavePrime - 12 July 2009 05:29 PM

I hope that Karma, if real, pays them back in spades for all of the pain, depression, and self-blame they bring upon their customers…. angry

Karma?  Wrong scam, Dave.

wink

Although when you really look, there are an amazing number of similarities. . .

Signature 

3 of 16

‹‹ Victor Lustig      Drake’s Plate of Brass ››