2 of 16
LifeWave glutathione patches scam
Posted: 08 November 2008 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

I pity those fools. at the cost of curing their loved ones they endanger the whole family since they pay a lot. And not only that these could harm health

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 09 November 2008 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-09
Tired of this scam! - 06 November 2008 04:32 AM

I am the mom of a child with autism. I belong to several national group sites, one of which has distributors for Lifewave pedaling their products to the parents of sick children.

I read with interest the 150+ page long thread on this site regarding Lifewave energy patches, and was disgusted to see it was dated in 2005! They have been doing this THAT long?? Then I noticed a thread from 2007 laughing about how they are STILL talking about the Lifewave scam. Well I am here to tell you, it is officially live and well.

They now have a new marketing technique - the glutathione patch that will heal autistic children. The costs are enormous, and it makes me sick to see them taking advantage of these parents with such a ridiculous product. Of course, all of the glowing testimonials are from parents who just happen to be distributors themselves.

What can be done about this????? Argh! I nearly peed myself laughing at the debunking of Lifewave’s “studies” proving their claims for the energy patches….. oh they have more now, for the glut patches, they have a “testimonial” from the swim coach at Harvard! Seriously, the swim coach! And they want about $70 a month for this shit.

Lifewave submitted a patent to the FDA that was apparently rejected. Does anyone know how to find this info?

LifeWave submitted their original Patent application to the Patent Office. It cost $80 plus a few other costs. David Schmidt signed the application as “Dr.” David Schmidt. His later excuse about this LIE was that he hoped it would help his application!

The Patent Office rejected the application because they could see NOTHING novel about a non-transdermal patch sytem containing glucose (brown patch) and glycerin (white patch).

Schmidt did not bother to apply for worldwide patents. If his “Invention” was truly novel and REAL he would have attempted to cover any possibility of his “invention” from being ripped off.

You may want to check out WWSN. Bob Burtis has exposed MANY scam artists over the years. He has plenty to share about the LifeWave SCAM:

http://worldwidescam.info/sumlwall.htm

It’s all very sickening, but Schmidt operates outside the boundaries that most people acknowledge.

He has ZERO morals and ZERO ethical standards.

He does have ONE goal to make as much money as possible…period.

Joel has posted patent rejection details on the LifeWave thread.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forum/forum_comments/2526/P2180/

Page down to:

Joel
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 | 01:11 PM
LIFEWAVE

Posted: 08 July 2009 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-09

“NOVA Science NOW” Segment on Austism

I have just posted this on the LifeWave scam thread.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forum/forum_comments/2526/P5060/

As I mentioned, there was no talk of glutathione.

Posted: 11 July 2009 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
cleon - 11 July 2009 10:15 AM

The patches clear blockages in the meridians, so energy can flow again, so the body can heal itself

No, they don’t!
rolleyes

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 11 July 2009 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17

Threads merged

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 11 July 2009 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17

Which clinical trials, exactly? I have never been shown any independent evidence: in fact, no evidence at all other than ‘studies’ done by the people trying to sell the patches, or pages of (evidentially) pointless testimonials.

Signature 

Research Mod

- The Watchtower

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 11 July 2009 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17

Can you provide links to these trials and their results?

Signature 

Research Mod

- The Watchtower

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 11 July 2009 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
cleon - 11 July 2009 10:50 AM

There have been many proven trials. 
Why do you think the FDA and TGA even considered their efforts to approve the patches. 
Dont you know that they dont even ‘look’ at approving a product unless there is proof in clinical trials (usually double blinded tests too)
I know,  because I am involved another product and trying to obtain approval.  Costs are HUGE dollars.

First off, Lifewave had to register the product with the FDA. It is required by law. This is not the same as having “FDA approval” as if the FDA somehow endorses the product. They don’t. The FDA simply accepted Lifewaves registration as a Type One Medical Device.

Do you what else are Type one Medical Devices? Band-Aids.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 11 July 2009 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
Madmouse - 11 July 2009 10:53 AM

Can you provide links to these trials and their results?

No, he/she can’t, because they don’t exist. The FDA doesn’t do trial’s on eye patches or bandages , which is the category they are registered under. If they had tried to register the product as a cure for cancer, it would have been tested, but since they applied for registration under what the product actually is - a bandaid with no supernatural healing abilities - none are required.

Just because they registered with the FDA does not mean they won’t be held liable for any lawsuits for their outlandish claims, however. wink

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 11 July 2009 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-09

Glad to see my recent post sparked further discussion about the SOCIOPATH David (not a doctor or a scientist) Schmidt and his LifeWave company who sell SCAM patches.

As has been mentioned, the FDA was just a ploy by Schmidt to give the appearance of credibility.

“FDA Approved” is meaningless in this case. Registered as a Class I device. Bandages etc.

Schmidt the SOCIOPATH is all about MAKING MONEY!

He has no trouble in taking money from families desperately trying everything and anything in the hope that something will work to help their child.

LifeWave patches include the following warning:

WARNING: “LifeWave products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. *Individual results will vary.”

DISCLAIMER

“These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
LifeWave patches are intended for healthy adults, age eighteen and over.”

So why are they recommended for detoxing autistic children?

The SCAM will continue with a mixture of people who sincerely believe in the product and those who are just happy to climb aboard the money making bandwagon.

!

Posted: 11 July 2009 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-09
cleon - 11 July 2009 10:07 AM

Some of us are prepared to try a new technology for health and well being. 

Skeptics are not!

And people who are in pain or cannot find relief for their health issues should be able to make up their own minds regarding their choices and /or Lifewave patches.
I wonder how many of the skeptics and dammers on this site have actually tried the patches.
Perhaps they would rather be a victim of the Pharmacutical companies:
“take all your prescriptions like good little people so you will stuff up your bodies and never be healthy again - then we can get you to take MORE crap”
That is MORE money for us!!!!  And (by the way) we dont really care about your health and well being.

I can vouche for both sides here: 
Yes Ive been on the prescritptions drugs, yes my body was dying, yes I have been using the patches and Yes, I am off all the drugs and getting in shape again.

For those of you who dam the Gluatathione patch in particular:  you need to do some reseach on Gluatathione.
After that imagine what healing would go on for your health problem if your Gluathione levels would go up to 300% with the patches on.

This posting by Cleon is typical of LifeWaver postings.

“Some of us are prepared to try a new technology for health and well being. 

Skeptics are not!”

Well, Cleon, you are not quite on the mark there. For example, as a skeptic, I did my due diligence on a new technology and as a result underwent successful surgery. If the new technology was sold through an MLM company with nothing but testimonials and in house “studies” to back up claims, I would not have chosen that method and I doubt that you would have either.

Cleon draws a line between “skeptics” i.e. the bad guys and LifeWavers i.e. the bringers of truth and wellbeing, even if it is through MLM.

“...make up your own minds…”

Again a tactic used over and over by LifeWavers.

Watch this video of Dr. (licence currently on probation for dodgy Demerol prescriptions) “fatty” Haltiwanger as he strains his way through this little “boosting” session at a LifeWave conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ix5rw4FSg&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?rlz=1C1CHNH_enUS326US327&sourceid=chrome&q=Lifewave+SCAM&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=DIRXSq_7IsG0twf7ja&feature=player_embedded

This “reputable physician says the patches work because he has seen it himself! So, that should be good enough for everyone in the room, right?

Mmmmm. No mention of research that backs up his statement. Why?

The main LifeWave SCAM thread has covered the so called “studies” many times.

There are NO reputable studies to be had. Not one.

There ARE plenty of “studies” provided by LifeWave and their distributors to attempt to give an appearance of authority to statements about efficacy.

Let us not forget that SCAMS are ALL about appearances.

Smoke and mirrors is the order of the day.

Leola may well be a straightforward scam artist like Schmidt or, possibly, a genuine person who has been swept up by the hype.

If I believed in something with all my heart, I would also fight against anyone who tried to tell me otherwise. That’s human nature.

This thread, and the other threads, include posts by people like me who will continue to give information for people to “make up their own minds” about this company.

If people choose to continue giving Schmidt their hard earned cash for a piece of the “dream”, that is their right.

At least I won’t have just stood by without exercising my right to post my views.

Right?

2 of 16

‹‹ Victor Lustig      Drake’s Plate of Brass ››