1 of 16
LifeWave glutathione patches scam
Posted: 05 November 2008 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-11-05

I am the mom of a child with autism. I belong to several national group sites, one of which has distributors for Lifewave pedaling their products to the parents of sick children.

I read with interest the 150+ page long thread on this site regarding Lifewave energy patches, and was disgusted to see it was dated in 2005! They have been doing this THAT long?? Then I noticed a thread from 2007 laughing about how they are STILL talking about the Lifewave scam. Well I am here to tell you, it is officially live and well.

They now have a new marketing technique - the glutathione patch that will heal autistic children. The costs are enormous, and it makes me sick to see them taking advantage of these parents with such a ridiculous product. Of course, all of the glowing testimonials are from parents who just happen to be distributors themselves.

What can be done about this????? Argh! I nearly peed myself laughing at the debunking of Lifewave’s “studies” proving their claims for the energy patches….. oh they have more now, for the glut patches, they have a “testimonial” from the swim coach at Harvard! Seriously, the swim coach! And they want about $70 a month for this shit.

Lifewave submitted a patent to the FDA that was apparently rejected. Does anyone know how to find this info?

Posted: 05 November 2008 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah, they’re not known for giving up easily. Make a cheap, worthless product that ‘has been linked to’ helping people ‘in some cases’, and you’ve a formula for quack medicine throughout history. LifeWave just doesn’t know when to step away from a scam and perhaps try something under a new name…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 05 November 2008 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16
Tired of this scam! - 06 November 2008 03:32 AM

Lifewave submitted a patent to the FDA that was apparently rejected. Does anyone know how to find this info?

You could try Google.  The first hit when I typed in “lifewave rejected patent” (without the quotes) gave this link to a blog ripping LifeWave (surprise!).

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the .pdf file he provides as proof of the patent being rejected to open.  But I bet a little digging around will find it if you look.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 06 November 2008 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

Autism, right now, requres intense and early treatment for the person to be able to operate in the “real world.”  There are no miracle treatments for anything

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 06 November 2008 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29
I am an ex associate - 06 November 2008 08:16 PM

Autism, right now, requres intense and early treatment for the person to be able to operate in the “real world.”  There are no miracle treatments for anything

And the parents crying wondering what they did wrong.  We have worked hard with our son, he is so that most can’t tell he has autism.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 06 November 2008 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

I don’t have a lot of experience with autism.I know a parent will have to do a lot of research on the right kind of therapy.  Are there any good parent/kid support groups for autism in your area?  And the reason I say the “real world” is that normal a lot of times is whatever someone says it is, so your child has a lot of room to be hisself

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 07 November 2008 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Lets say this. Those who make quack believ in quack and think there child can heal from a mental disorder needs there head to be checked there is no cure for mental disorders period.

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 07 November 2008 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
silver caliber magnum - 07 November 2008 09:04 AM

. . .there is no cure for mental disorders period.

Well, actually there are cures for some mental disorders.  Mostly drugs don’t do it alone, though, except in very special cases.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 November 2008 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Autism is a brain disorder, not a mental disorder.  There is a difference.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 08 November 2008 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

But still would you risk a scam to save a person you love? Who knows it may be deadly but to save a loved one there is no cost

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 08 November 2008 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

That’s the thing, silver. People will pay a lot of money to scammers selling all sorts of cures for that very reason.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 08 November 2008 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10
silver caliber magnum - 08 November 2008 11:52 AM

But still would you risk a scam to save a person you love? Who knows it may be deadly but to save a loved one there is no cost

That’s the attitude taken by the victims of this scam. They are willing to believe anything that will help them, even lacking any evidence.

And this is why I hate this type of scammer the most of all.
Telling people that they can ‘cure’ their loved one is the lowest of the low, when they know that’s not the case.

*spits*

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

1 of 16

‹‹ Victor Lustig      Drake’s Plate of Brass ››