2 of 2
{/paginate}
these guys really do their research…
Posted: 12 May 2011 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

Exactly.  Anything or money one sends this chap is likely to be lost. Period. End of story.

You should ask him for some proper I.D. (Passport/driver’s license)and teaching credentials. (Teaching diploma. Course guide.  Address, phone #, contact info for university. On ‘university” letterhead via regular mail.)  If nothing else, you should get some amusement out of the excuses and/or lousy ‘documents’ he crafts. cheese

To me, this whole thing reads WAY too much like a Nigerian Scam letter. (Of which i have spent too many hours reading over at 419eater.com.)  Odds are you won’t hear from him again once you ask for ID. (Except for one or two missives detailing how ‘offended” he is that you would dare to question his authenticity!) wink  LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 15 May 2011 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2011-01-01

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of those “overpayment” scams, where the crook sends a larger payment “by mistake”, and asks the victim to remit the difference.  Of course, the original payment turns out to be bogus, and the refund cheque is cashed.

I also found it deeply suspicious that the good “doctor” wanted banking information.  Alarm bells all over this one!

Signature 

My dad always said, “be all that you can be”.

I tried it.  Succeeded.  Not terribly impressed with the results so far.

Posted: 15 May 2011 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
SteveE - 15 May 2011 03:00 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of those “overpayment” scams, where the crook sends a larger payment “by mistake”, and asks the victim to remit the difference.  Of course, the original payment turns out to be bogus, and the refund cheque is cashed.

Someone tried that with my wife and I once. Sent us a dud money order worth more than the goods.
We contacted the police near to where the goods were supposed to be delivered (iy was a P.o. box)
They staked out the location and an arrest was made smile

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,