{paginate}
2 of 4
{/paginate}
Legend of the seeker
Posted: 14 October 2008 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-08-27

An amazing new trailer can be seen now on the above page. It really is worth a watch. Especially for those who were on the fence about watching.

Posted: 19 October 2008 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

Watched the “preview special” (or whatever they called it) on Saturday.  I am looking forward to it. smile

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 20 October 2008 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I CANNOT wait!!!  Goodkind is an astonishing author and I’m hoping the movie does him right!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 28 October 2008 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-27

Make sure you tell everyone to watch! Fans overseas are really clamoring for this show too.

It will be fun, and entertaining.

Posted: 28 October 2008 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08
Nettie - 10 August 2008 01:18 PM

For those of you just as excited as I am about the tv series being adapted from Terry Goodkind’s Wizard’s First Rule, here is the trailer for the series. It’s slightly corny but I don’t care. I can’t wait!

You know, I recently, and coincidentally, picked up the first book, and so far I have to say the book is slightly corny as well.  Not bad - it definitely flows easily - but at times it seems almost a parody of the genre with its odd feel and contrived plot elements.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 29 October 2008 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23
hulitoons - 20 October 2008 02:55 PM

I CANNOT wait!!!  Goodkind is an astonishing author and I’m hoping the movie does him right!

Goodkind is actually co-writing the series and is having a lot of input so it should be good. Obviously each episode has to be able to have it’s own story as well as contributing to the whole story overall so there will be additional material written to so this, flashbacks and whatnot to when Zedd was Fist Wizard etc. Should be good!

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 30 October 2008 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-27

Actually, Goodkind is NOT co-writing the series. As good as that might be, Goodkind did say explicitly at Comic-Con that he was handing over the reins to Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert for them to work their magic. They have a bunch of good writers though, including Ken Biller and Mike Sussman who both worked on latter Star Trek shows.

but yes, each episode is meant to be self contained, with an overall mission for Richard and Kahlan of course.

It’s gonna be great, so watch on Saturday!

Posted: 30 October 2008 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-23

No series (or mini-series, or feature film) can follow the underlying book exactly. Sam Raimi and his team want to keep the TV series true to my vision, so rest assured that I am going to be intimately involved in the writing of each of the episodes. If you love the book just the way it is, then enjoy the book for what it is and come to the TV series prepared to enjoy the show for what it is.

I assume things have changed then since Terry Goodkind realeased this on his official site?

Signature 

Posted: 06 November 2008 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-27
Nettie - 31 October 2008 12:27 AM

No series (or mini-series, or feature film) can follow the underlying book exactly. Sam Raimi and his team want to keep the TV series true to my vision, so rest assured that I am going to be intimately involved in the writing of each of the episodes. If you love the book just the way it is, then enjoy the book for what it is and come to the TV series prepared to enjoy the show for what it is.

I assume things have changed then since Terry Goodkind realeased this on his official site?

I think that was from early this year. So, yes, things have changed. There have been other postings at his site to reflect this. He’s not writing the episodes.

Posted: 11 November 2008 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-23

Chase has become a pussey *sigh*
He was my favourite character and they ruined him.

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2008 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-11-17
LegendSeeker - 27 August 2008 05:05 PM

This is a great start of a discussion, and makes my job easier…  wink

I’m actually looking at the discussions on Legend of the Seeker on various sites to see how it is being perceived and if I can answer any questions about the show that people may have.

First off, it’s being produced by ABC Studios. While the source novels are the Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth books (beginning with Wizard’s First Rule, also the original name of the show) the fact that it is being made into a television series means there will be some latitude with regard to storytelling and adaptation. The show promises some great action, locations, and storylines and has the added benefit of a proven production team, including Sam Raimi. Having read the first three scripts (the two-hour premiere, and the first episode following) I can honestly say I’m looking forward to the next installment. The stories have a great pace.

Again, any questions, please feel free to ask. Terrygoodkind.com and .net should also have some information on the show soon.

This show is so bad as to be un-watchable.  Please dear God cancel it as soon as possible.

The acting is awful.
The “Special” in the special effects is like the special Olympics, RETARDED
The stories are Bad and
the “fight” scenes are awful.

I normally support all Sci-fi/fantasy shows since they are so rare, I can;t wait for this one to go away.

It gives The Sword of truth series a bad name.

The only good thing I can see is that I probably won’t be seeing any of the people who like it at the local Mensa meetings.

{paginate}
2 of 4
{/paginate}