{paginate}
2 of 3
{/paginate}
Just a rant (Gas Prices & Trendy Efficient Cars)
Posted: 01 November 2008 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3807
Joined  2008-09-08

From what I understand (not having driven a Smart, but talking to a woman who has) the Smart cars are really rough rides.  Efficiency is all well and good, but I don’t want to be uncomfortable when I have to commute a half hour to and from school on rough roads.

Posted: 01 November 2008 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

They are very impractical too.  Great for going back and forth to work but that’s about it.  No space to put groceries unless you go by yourself.  I sure wouldn’t want to go any real distance in one.

I watched a guy backing one off a car carrier one time.  He backed it all the way from the front of the truck and then as he was going down the ramp at the back of the truck (he was on the top level) it hit a spot that was probably a bit too steep and the car rolled right onto it’s backside.  I admit I had to laugh at the sight of this brand new car sitting on it’s roof.  It seems that they are a bit unstable on steep hills though.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 01 November 2008 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Yeah, they’re only made for a specific use in specific conditions.  I imagine that they’re wonderful in the situations they’re made for, but beyond that they’re not going to be all that great.  For a large percentage of people they’re simply not going to work.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 November 2008 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

I guess we`re talkin bout electric cars?
Here in the phil. We have jeepneys our mode for transport wich i ride.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeepney
they made a new version called E-jeep here. It only charges for 6 hours and then ride.
Anyway the reason why they dont make new cars is..
A CONSPIRACY!! the government`s money which is gained from taxes is mostly made up of taxes from businesses and these businesses the biggest contrubutor or one of the biggest is oil industry.

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 02 November 2008 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

Actually they are gas powered Silver.  I think they are made by Mercedes Benz. The big selling point is that they get great gas mileage.  They are just really small and look funny going down the road among all the SUVs and pickups in this part of the country.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 02 November 2008 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

No not jeeps Jeepneys there in the phillippines…
Not in the US

Signature 

GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.

Posted: 02 November 2008 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

And i talk about E-jeeps. In Makati they made the new electro jeeps….

Signature 

GO HERE

Posted: 02 November 2008 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

silver, gray is talking about the smart car.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 02 November 2008 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
silver caliber magnum - 02 November 2008 01:13 PM

And i talk about E-jeeps. In Makati they made the new electro jeeps….

Indeed they do. Cool!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 02 November 2008 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

Ang lupit ng mga E-jeeps na ginawa sa makati! Galing naman ng teknolohiya namin! Parang iba iba!
*The e-jeeps made in Makati are so cool! What a great technology we have! Its so different!*

Signature 

GO HERE

Posted: 02 November 2008 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
silver caliber magnum - 02 November 2008 02:02 PM

Ang lupit ng mga E-jeeps na ginawa sa makati! Galing naman ng teknolohiya namin! Parang iba iba!

Griyego sa Akin

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

{paginate}
2 of 3
{/paginate}