1 of 1
{/paginate}
The evolution of a conspiracy theory
Posted: 04 July 2008 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

It wasn’t only the Twin Towers that collapsed on September 11. A third World Trade Center tower that wasn’t hit by the planes also fell. As a report into Tower 7 prepares to publish its findings, Mike Rudin considers how this conspiracy theory got to be so big.

9/11 is the conspiracy theory of the internet age.

Put “9/11 conspiracy” into Google and you get 7.9 million hits. Put in “9/11 truth” and you get more than 22 million.

Opinion polls in the US have picked up widespread doubts among the American people.

A New York Times/CBS News poll in 2006 found that 53% of those questioned thought the Bush administration was hiding something. Another US poll found a third of those questioned thought government officials either assisted in the 9/11 attacks or allowed them to happen.

In the UK a survey by the BBC’s The Conspiracy Files, carried out by GfkNOP in 2006, found that 16% of those questioned thought there was a “wider conspiracy that included the American government”.

This summer will be a key moment for those who question the official explanation of what happened on 9/11, the self-styled “9/11 truth movement”.

Nearly seven years after the terrible events of that September day, the US authorities are due to publish the final report on a third tower that also collapsed on 9/11. Unlike the Twin Towers, this 47-storey, 610-foot skyscraper was not hit by a plane.

And Tower 7 has become a key issue for “truthers” like Dylan Avery, the director of the internet film about 9/11 called Loose Change.

“The truth movement is heavily centred on Building 7 and for very good reason a lot of people are very suspicious about what went down that day,” he says.

Full Story (BBC)

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 04 July 2008 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

Great.  We’re going to get a new spike in 9/11-related posts, aren’t we?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 04 July 2008 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14
 Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 04 July 2008 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14

After reading the article and the comments I found this one to be rather funny because I can totally see the logic involved. 

I don’t think the US govt. is any cleverer than the British one, which can’t manage to put in place simple workable systems for taxes, student loans, child support agency, NHS, National Insurance, etc. What makes anyone think they could actually manage a big, unwieldy, secret conspiracy like the one there’d have needed to be for 9/11? Come on, folks - what happened, happened. Simple as that.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 04 July 2008 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Yes tah…A spike in 9:11 posts oh may their souls rest in peace!
Actually i would have posted something funny here but then again the vid is better off in the links…

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 28 July 2008 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

So-called “no-planers” believe that commercial aeroplanes did not actually crash into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon or a field in Pennsylvania. Some have suggested lasers from outer space were used.

Give me a break…. We living in the world of James Bond now?

But LIHOPs believe the government just Let It Happen On Purpose, to allow them to justify wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and a clampdown on civil liberties.

I find it possible. And the US government and governing bodies do have a lot to hide and cover up. But I don’t think they would go as far as that. If the US wanted to invade Afgan’, I am sure they could of came up with a better plan than to kill (or let be killed) thousands of their own people as an excuse.

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2008 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

*pokes DJ for necroposting*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 23 August 2008 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-08-18

9/11…ahh, what a tragedy…

Signature 

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}