Video lands Teen in Jail
Posted: 03 July 2008 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Tah - 03 July 2008 09:40 PM
hulitoons - 03 July 2008 02:55 PM

What I’m wondering is if there will be charges against the adults who left these infants in the care of a minor in the first place, especially a male minor whose maturity level would at best be that of a 10-year old????  Seems to me they should be charged with even stiffer penalties well.

So you want to charge the adults and set a precedent that will put every teenaged babysitter (regardles of gender) out of work?

I doubt a precedent would be set however I’m wondering if a ripple effect could occur:  http://www.totalcriminaldefense.com/crimes_against_children.asp

Child Neglect / Child Endangerment

Not all crimes against children require direct action. Parents, legal guardians, and even other adults who are charged with the care of children have a legal obligation to provide certain care and safeguards to those children. The precise requirements vary from state to state, but may range from failure to provide necessary food, clothing, shelter and supervision to the abandonment of a child unattended or improperly attended in dangerous circumstances. Child endangerment may also encompass the actual act of placing a child in danger through reckless behavior, such as driving with a young child in the car without a seatbelt or safety seat…...............

......Child Abuse / Cruelty to a Child

Child abuse and cruelty charges typically apply specifically to adults who have care and custody of the children in question. The seriousness of these charges depends on location and degree as well, and the subject matter of the charges may include actions that would be considered neglect in some states, such as deprivation of adequate food, shelter, and even emotional nurturing. Some states include mental/emotional abuse in child cruelty or child abuse statutes. And, of course, actual physical abuse, generally of the type that would constitute battery if committed by a person not having care or custody of the child, may be charged under these statutes…............

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 04 July 2008 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

This is a sick cruel adulterous stupid idiotic rage spiteful *goes on and on* world we live in darn this is fake i know it is i hope

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 06 July 2008 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
Madmouse - 03 July 2008 11:21 PM

It’s the baby crying that really got to me. downer

That was the part that got me most…  Anicah has been knocked over plenty of times…but you can tell in her cry if it’s REALLY bad.  That baby sounds like it was really bad.  downer

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 06 July 2008 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9094
Joined  2008-03-02

I would like to know why the teen videotaping the incident wasn’t charged as well?  I think if he didn’t know beforehand what his friend was up to (unlikely), then he should have reported it immediately afterwards.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 07 July 2008 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06
Crafty Dragon - 06 July 2008 11:06 PM

I would like to know why the teen videotaping the incident wasn’t charged as well? I think if he didn’t know beforehand what his friend was up to (unlikely), then he should have reported it immediately afterwards.

Peer Pressure.
The whole incident is horrid. But, clearly the one doing the act has issues. But the one filming may of just been a part of peer pressure.
When you are a teenager, it’s all about status among your peers. Even the most logical and realistic of person can succumb to peer pressure.

Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2008 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9094
Joined  2008-03-02

Well, yes, but the kid should still be charged with something—perhaps failure to report a crime?  I understand that peer pressure can be quite powerful, but that doesn’t absolve the kid of the fact that he is almost as responsible as the other kid in this case, and did wrong by not reporting it.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 07 July 2008 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Yeah, I get what DJ is saying…but I can’t think of a single time as a teen that I did something that was wrong and didn’t KNOW it was wrong.  Peer pressure or not…you still know the difference between right & wrong at 16.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 07 July 2008 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

The crime is ‘complicity’:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/complicity

[size=1]

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 07 July 2008 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

If I’m “peer pressured” into joining my friends in beating someone to death, I’m still accountable for the crime.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}