Posted: 20 June 2008 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

NEWS LINK

Russian spa opens monument to the enema

Jun 19, 8:53 PM (ET)

MOSCOW (AP) - A monument to the enema, a procedure many people would rather not think about, has been unveiled at a spa in the southern Russian city of Zheleznovodsk. The bronze syringe bulb, which weighs 800 pounds and is held by three angels, was unveiled at the Mashuk-Akva Term spa, the spa’s director said Thursday.

“There is no kitsch or obscenity, it is a successful work of art,” Alexander Kharchenko told The Associated Press. “An enema is almost a symbol of our region.”

The Caucasus Mountains region is known for dozens of spas where enemas with water from mineral springs are routinely administered to treat digestive and other complaints.

Kharchenko, 50, said the monument cost $42,000 and was installed in a square in front of his spa on Wednesday. A banner declaring: “Let’s beat constipation and sloppiness with enemas” - an allusion to a line from “The Twelve Chairs,” a famous Soviet film comedy - was posted on one of the spa’s walls.

Sculptor Svetlana Avakina said she designed the 5-foot-high monument with “irony and humor” and modeled the angels on those in works by Italian Renaissance painter Alessandro Botticelli.

“This device is eternal, it will never change,” she told the AP. “We could promote this brand, turn it into a franchise with souvenirs and awards for medical doctors.”

Dozens of monuments dedicated to characters from tall tales and popular jokes have been erected in post-Soviet Russia.

I’m sure it will all come out okay…...in the end.

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 20 June 2008 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Gahh.. at least it’s not a fountain….

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 June 2008 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21
Robin Bobcat - 20 June 2008 12:50 PM

Gahh.. at least it’s not a fountain….

LOL

Or one of those chocolate dipping fountains with bananas and strawberries on a platter nearby! LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.