{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Ape-man warriors?
Posted: 22 December 2005 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

sez here that Stalin “wanted to develop a super army by cross-breeding humans and apes.

“Documents form the 1920s show scientist Ilya Ivanov was ordered to research the development of such a super-warrior and fodder for the Soviet workforce, The Scotsman newspaper reported Tuesday.

“Stalin, the account says, told Ivanov, “I want a new invincible human being, insensitive to pain, resistant and indifferent about the quality of food they eat.” Soviet social engineering sought to make a “living war machine,” the newspaper said.

“The documents claim Ivanov’s attempts to use monkey sperm in humans failed, the Scotsman said. Ivanov was exiled to Kazakhstan in 1931 and died a year later.”

Was Stalin really that dumb?

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 22 December 2005 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03
Citizen Premier - 22 December 2005 11:42 PM

Was Stalin really that dumb?

Yes.

He also put Trofim Lysenko in charge of feeding the starving masses, resulting directly in the deaths of millions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trofim_Lysenko

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

Posted: 22 December 2005 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

looks to me like as long as you kissed butt you could get ahead.  Genetics have not progessed far along enough now to splice species.  As for farming, looks like the guy should have asked some of the long term farmers what to do instead of coming up with his own ideas.  which did not work by the way

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 24 December 2005 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2005-11-06

This story has been all over the blogs the last few days and nobody seems to be challenging it.  Is it not strange that the story was discovered by a newspaper in Scotland and that, as far as I can see, none of the other big news agencies have picked up on it.  In the UK the Sun has but that is not suprising.  The Scotsman refers to “recently uncovered secret documents in Russia”.  Has only the Scotsman seen these secret documents and what are these not secret anymore documents.  Of course I may be wrong.

Signature 

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”—Douglas Adams

Posted: 01 January 2006 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-01-01

I’ve been looking though google and I can’t find any credible sources.  Just about everything I saw quoted almost word for word what it said in the scotsman and nothing seems to predate this month.

It’s gotta be a hoax.

Posted: 21 January 2006 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-06
Jaybee - 01 January 2006 11:23 PM

I’ve been looking though google and I can’t find any credible sources.  Just about everything I saw quoted almost word for word what it said in the scotsman and nothing seems to predate this month.

It’s gotta be a hoax.

Me too - definately a hoax.  A good one though as it is relying on peoples stereotypical views about communism.

Signature 

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”—Douglas Adams

Posted: 21 January 2006 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2004-12-01

Go look at my Centaur thread. It is funny what some people believe.

Signature 

A very wise woman once said, marriage is like a deck of cards.
You need a heart to love him,
A diamond to marry him,
A club to smash his fucking head in,
And a spade to bury the bastard.

Posted: 22 January 2006 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-06
Absinthe for Brains aka Carmen - 21 January 2006 08:21 PM

Go look at my Centaur thread. It is funny what some people believe.

Thanks - excellent thread.

Signature 

Posted: 22 January 2006 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I think this is either a hoax…or the paper was fed info…and don’t realise it’s fake.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 27 January 2006 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-06

I hope that the Scottish paper fell for it - but I doubt that it even questionned it.

Signature 

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}