{paginate}
5 of 5
{/paginate}
Poll
Do you believe that nuclear war is prophesied in the Bible?
Yes 1
No 13
None of the above 2
Total Votes: 16
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Prophesied: Nuclear War Will Happen
Posted: 29 May 2008 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

After having to spend two years at Missionary boarding school (high school age) one of the issues my theological instructors were absolutely adamant about was interpretation of Revelations.  It was maintained and firmly pounded in that this book was NOT to be interpreted at all, nor dissected.  The warning we were taught was in the last chapter (I’ve only included the two phrases involved):

http://www.awitness.org/bible/re/re22.htm

........if anyone adds to them, may God add to him the plagues which are written in this book.

..........If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, may God take away his part from the tree of life,

I’m not of this religion (and so what I determined to be a kind of exile at this school was extremely uncomfortable), yet studying the Christian Bible was interesting, full of magic, fantasy, intrigue, dubious historical data, murder, rape, incest, and enlightenment ... all the stuff that opens the imagination of all humans. 

I can tell you, however, that the instructed advisement of this particular book was taken to heart since it does generate an ever-flowing fertile field of hoaxes. 

My answer is ‘no’.  We’re all globally too terrified of nuclear war because the stuff would come back to annihilate even the button-pusher!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

{paginate}
5 of 5
{/paginate}

‹‹ The Elevator Ghost.      Telectroscope! ››