3 of 5
Poll
Do you believe that nuclear war is prophesied in the Bible?
Yes 1
No 13
None of the above 2
Total Votes: 16
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Prophesied: Nuclear War Will Happen
Posted: 25 May 2008 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
cindik - 24 May 2008 01:52 PM

If the events leading up to Y2K are any indication, the end of the world will happen in 2011 when every human resource is dedicated to forwarding dire warnings about what will happen in 2012.

LOL
That’s a distinct possibility!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 26 May 2008 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-05-22

Maybe you’re right, maybe there will be a nuclear war in 2012.

Have you read all the links Sharruma? In the contrary, the author is contradicting that there will be a nuclear war in 2012 or there will be Nibiru destined to destroy earth based on the Holy Scriptures. But he believes that Nuclear War is prophesied in the Bible.

Posted: 26 May 2008 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23
anthrogohn - 26 May 2008 05:36 AM

Maybe you’re right, maybe there will be a nuclear war in 2012.

grrr

Have you read all the links Sharruma? In the contrary, the author is contradicting that there will be a nuclear war in 2012 or there will be Nibiru destined to destroy earth based on the Holy Scriptures. But he believes that Nuclear War is prophesied in the Bible.

Bah, all those stuff about wars and nibiru is wrong everyone knows nostradamus is king! But i still believe In the end of the world but Nibiru has one thing i think you will be interested in..

Nibiru babylon a empire known in the bible for imprisoning the jews as slaves once has *ehem*  a planetary object in babylonian astrology wich is associated with a god MARDUK and then was accepted to symbolize Jupiter so unless by any chance in the research i have found jupiter goes closer to us and pulls us towards it wich is highly unlikely youre claims are right do you actually believe in all of this do you? hmmm

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 26 May 2008 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

I played the game nibiru i think but i hated it smile

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 26 May 2008 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21

Trick being, anyone prophecying that nuclear war will happen has missed one crucual element..

Nuclear war *HAS* happened. It was rather one-sided, mind you, but I doubt that their prophets could tell the difference.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 26 May 2008 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5511
Joined  2007-03-14

Maybe their crystal ball is looking into the past instead of the future.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 26 May 2008 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
anthrogohn - 24 May 2008 01:19 AM

There’s no escaping. Humanity is destined to experience the man made holocoust as prophesied in the Bible.

I don’t believe in predestination, nor your story book either, so there are two ‘escapes’ for a start.

Posted: 26 May 2008 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

Anthrogohn, from the earliest days of history, there have been people who predicted doomsday.  A great many of these over the last two millenia have been based on perceived Biblical prophecy.  They’ve all been wrong.

Here’s a list of some of them:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

Your notions are just as wrong as all the others.  Do you have any reason to think yours is different?  These other end-times people were all just as certain as you are.  In every case, their predicted date came and went leaving them to come up with post hoc reasons for why it didn’t happen—despite the certainty they felt ahead of time, when they said they KNEW it would happen.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 27 May 2008 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I seem to recall a line in the Bible saying that the end of the world will come when it is least expected.  So let’s all of us every day keep on expecting it to happen the next day, and that way we’ll always be safe!

And anyway, the Bible is so very incredibly vague in its predictions that even if the authors did predict anything, we’d never really be able to tell for sure what it was.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 27 May 2008 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

Which Bible, though?  No two agree with each other, and I don’t want to pick the wrong flavor and die in a nuclear holocaust.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 27 May 2008 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5511
Joined  2007-03-14
Charybdis - 27 May 2008 02:41 PM

Which Bible, though?  No two agree with each other, and I don’t want to pick the wrong flavor and die in a nuclear holocaust.

Whichever version suits their particular fixations.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

3 of 5

‹‹ The Elevator Ghost.      Telectroscope! ››