Some things occurred to me with reference to the Texan polygamists
Posted: 17 May 2008 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

With reference to the tribulations of the Texas polygamist ranch, that there might be some good things about this kind of arrangement, and I wondered what you guys might think about these:

——-  I have one husband who is my life and my soul.  If he predeceases me, I would be devastated spiritually…..  I would, though, be cared for financially by the various insurances etc. that he has in place in that event. 

HOWEVER:  If a man has multiple wives it’s doubtful that the kind of total relationship I share with Erik would ever be realized by any of these individuals even though I’m sure an amount of fondness MIGHT be shared or at least respect. 

A.  If the husband dies, WHO takes care of all these wives?
B.  If the husband dies, would ANY of these women’s lives be torn assunder and grieve (for long) by heavy spiritual loss in the same way I would?
C.  If a wife dies, would the husband (or even the other wives) suffer that extreme loss on the same level as a monogamous couple would?

My thinking is that other than the children of a single mother, no others would struggle or be laid to waste by the loss of a the husband or another wife….the children definitely would be devastated (I think) by the loss of their mother especially since, having no others to share important areas of life with, each mother apparently devotes their entire existence to their children with no other real distractions. 

While those of us who have a single spouse face the real devastation of loss, none of the individuals (except the children) have to worry about this kind of future event….. 

I wonder if any of these people will ever know the grand gift of profound mated love?  I would never even consider not having lived with and known and appreciated that kind of gift.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 17 May 2008 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Okay ..... ill answer A. the wives go to other husbands so i guess b and c is no…

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 18 May 2008 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

That’s actually a pretty good answer right there.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 18 May 2008 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

what answer?

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow