Ever had a brain fart??
Posted: 23 April 2008 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2007-03-14

Now you know why.  Here’s the science, and they advocate tin foil hats too (well not quite but close enough).

Scientists decode brain farts
Up to 30 seconds before your goof, the brain starts acting abnormally

updated 5:14 p.m. MT, Mon., April. 21, 2008
We’ve all goofed up and flubbed up things we’ve previously done time and again.

It turns out the root of these brain farts may be a special kind of abnormal brain activity that begins up to 30 seconds before a mistake even happens.

The solution to such screw-ups could be a kind of mind-reading hat, a device to predict and even prevent mindless errors that can threaten lives.

link here

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 23 April 2008 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Hmm. I guess my brain acts abnormally all the time, then.
*sigh*

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 23 April 2008 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

I’d assumed it was a sign of senility which has been the excuse I’ve been using since third grade. 

In truth, monotonous tasks over an extended period of time bore or ‘rock’ the brain which normally then pursues other, more pleasurable thoughts that drift into alpha waves.  Keeping beta waves on all circuits going in order to alertly perform repetitive tasks is more akin to deliberate torture (and that was my further explanation in third grade).

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are