4 of 17
{/paginate}
General Movie Discussion
Posted: 08 June 2008 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

Saw Kung Fu Panda on Saturday.  It was great.  Much better than I ever could have anticipated.  It was funny throughout with many laugh out loud moments.

The awesome movie was so full of awesome that I was almost blinded by gazing upon its awesomeness.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 14 June 2008 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Just got back from The Happening.

In short, if you like M. Night Shamalamadingdong’s movies you will like this (even though it is a different type and way of storytelling for him).  If you don’t like his movies don’t bother seeing it.

I like his movies and his way of storytelling.  I enjoyed it.  It was good and decent.  Not spectacular.  Not a “must see”.  But enjoyable and entertaining.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 18 June 2008 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

The X-Files Trailer online.

Whee!

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2008 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

Indiana Jones was enjoyable, though not great.  The new Mummy does look cool, and I might end up forced to watch Hancock.  I’m not too sure about that one.

Also, Hellboy II looks really good.  I definitely want to see that one.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 18 June 2008 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9095
Joined  2008-03-02

Okay, saw the trailer for the new Mummy movie (thanks, Tah!)—I hadn’t even heard of it before now.  Looks like there’s a new person playing Evie—not sure if I like that or not.  Other than that, it looks like it’ll be pretty good.  And I would like to see Hellboy 2, but not the new Batman, I think.  I like the ones with Michael Keaton—he just did Batman really well.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 19 June 2008 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

Went to see You don’t mess with the Zohan and was surprised to find that it was funny and will probably own the dvd when it comes out.

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 12 July 2008 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Saw Hellboy II.  If you liked the first one you will like this one.

Ron Perlman was born to play the part.

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2008 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Man i need to go check my mail for this thread….
I tought no one went here anymore…
hancock was nice

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 12 July 2008 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Oh, I can’t wait to go see Hellboy II. I really hope we have a HD DVD player by the time it comes to DVD. smile

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 19 July 2008 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

The Dark Knight was awesome.  A tad long (and the bladder felt it toward the end) at two and a half hours, but worth every minute of it.

My wife had heard that there was a tribute to Heath Ledger at the end of the credits.  There was not. downer

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2008 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I am so excited for The Dark Knight. My parents are coming down next weekend, so we will actually have a babysitter. We can go SEE IT IN THE THEATER!! OMG!!

That never happens for us. smile

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

{paginate}
4 of 17
{/paginate}