{paginate}
2 of 30
{/paginate}
Yamashit`s treaure (used to be the treausure…)
Posted: 24 March 2008 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23
Accipiter - 24 March 2008 11:06 PM
silver caliber magnum - 24 March 2008 10:49 PM

Accipiter the reason for that is that the phil. was abandoned by the allies and was only returned after the war. wich gives a good reason why they just dump it in the phil.

No, that still doesn’t make much sense.  When the Japanese captured or kicked out or drove into hiding the Allied forces in 1942, the Philippines became occupied territory.  Which meant that a large percentage of the people there were very unhappy with the Japanese being in control, and that there was a constant insurrection going on.  If the Japanese took the trouble to put all that treasure on ships and send it sailing off, then they wouldn’t have sent it to someplace unstable and far removed from their own government bureaucracies like that.  They would simply send it to Japan, where it would be safe and directly usable and more easily converted into a more convenient form.

And when the Allies came back, it’s not as though they simply over-ran the Japanese forces in the Philippines overnight.  It was almost a year between the time the Allies first landed in the Philippines in 1944 and the time that the Japanese forces finally officially surrendered there.  So the Japanese would have had ample warning that the treasure was in danger of falling into Allied hands, and so trying to evacuate it to Japan would have been worth the risk of having it sunk (after all, they’d just lose it otherwise).

There’s no good reason that I can see why the Japanese would have gathered all that treasure together and stored it in the Philippines, and a number of reasons why they shouldn’t have done so.  And even if they had done so, there’s no good reason why they would have left it there and plenty of reasons why they would have removed it.

and with that this forum is probably closed unless someone can contradict that?

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 24 March 2008 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Heh, I really doubt it would be closed.  I don’t think that this topic has annoyed any of the Moderators here that much.  wink  But if nobody else has anything else to say about it, then this topic will just sort of fade away.  Perhaps to be revived three years from now when somebody digs it up in the archives and adds their own comment to it.

Or somebody might come along tomorrow and have something to say.

There’s really no way to tell.

All that it truly means is that I personally don’t see any reason why the Japanese would have done all of that.  Other people probably disagree, and are still free to comment.  Who knows, maybe they’ll bring up something that will change my mind.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 24 March 2008 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
Accipiter - 24 March 2008 11:06 PM

There’s no good reason that I can see why the Japanese would have gathered all that treasure together and stored it in the Philippines, and a number of reasons why they shouldn’t have done so.  And even if they had done so, there’s no good reason why they would have left it there and plenty of reasons why they would have removed it.

Manifest destiny.

I.e. somebody mistakenly put in on the wrong manifest, hence the treasure was sent from Mainland Asia straight to the Philippines. Once there, it didn’t appear on the Quartermaster’s lists, hence couldn’t be signed out and onto a homeward-bound ship, neither immediately, or during the later retreat.

In other words, SNAFU.

Posted: 24 March 2008 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
David B. - 24 March 2008 11:22 PM

In other words, SNAFU.

But boy did bingo night at the Baguio barracks have some impressive prizes!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 24 March 2008 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Accipiter - 24 March 2008 11:12 PM

Heh, I really doubt it would be closed.  I don’t think that this topic has annoyed any of the Moderators here that much.  wink  But if nobody else has anything else to say about it, then this topic will just sort of fade away.  Perhaps to be revived three years from now when somebody digs it up in the archives and adds their own comment to it.

Or somebody might come along tomorrow and have something to say.

There’s really no way to tell.

All that it truly means is that I personally don’t see any reason why the Japanese would have done all of that.  Other people probably disagree, and are still free to comment.  Who knows, maybe they’ll bring up something that will change my mind.

How about THIS?

*$20 note*

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 24 March 2008 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Been looting the Baguio treasure, eh, Renquist?  I thought that the whole “going to Spain” thing sounded like a cover story. . .

Signature 

Posted: 24 March 2008 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

I’m using the funds to go to Switzerland…for skiing…not to find Nazi gold…not at all…

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 24 March 2008 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

Great now i forgot why i posted this in the first place 0_o question

Signature 

GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.

Posted: 25 March 2008 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05
silver caliber magnum - 25 March 2008 01:58 AM

Perhaps you didn’t? Perhaps you’re being set up by the Illuminati and Kevin Federline to take the fall for some future event?

By making you look all crazy and schizoid, they plan to get everyone to think you’re an unstable and dangerous individual who is capable of anything. Hence, when they frame you for attempting to plant a bomb in Britney Spears just ahead of her surprise performance at a private dinner for president Barack Obama, no one will doubt it for a minute. This will not only put Obama more on the defensive, furthering their plans to isolate him from his grassroots support, making him their puppet, but will also derail Britney’s long-planned comeback, driving her back towards mental collapse and uncontrollable weight gain. The tragic descent of yet another female role model into hysteria and diet disorders so soon after Madonna’s and Paris (Porky) Hilton’s will further undermine the confidence of women, and hasten their re-subjugation. Once women are again the docile baby-farms the Illuminati require, they can go forward with their controlled breeding program and reduce humankind to little more than a herd animal.

There’s no escape! We may as well paint ourselves green and write SOYLENT on our foreheads!
big surprise

Posted: 25 March 2008 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23
David B. - 25 March 2008 11:51 AM
silver caliber magnum - 25 March 2008 01:58 AM

Perhaps you didn’t? Perhaps you’re being set up by the Illuminati and Kevin Federline to take the fall for some future event?

By making you look all crazy and schizoid, they plan to get everyone to think you’re an unstable and dangerous individual who is capable of anything. Hence, when they frame you for attempting to plant a bomb in Britney Spears just ahead of her surprise performance at a private dinner for president Barack Obama, no one will doubt it for a minute. This will not only put Obama more on the defensive, furthering their plans to isolate him from his grassroots support, making him their puppet, but will also derail Britney’s long-planned comeback, driving her back towards mental collapse and uncontrollable weight gain. The tragic descent of yet another female role model into hysteria and diet disorders so soon after Madonna’s and Paris (Porky) Hilton’s will further undermine the confidence of women, and hasten their re-subjugation. Once women are again the docile baby-farms the Illuminati require, they can go forward with their controlled breeding program and reduce humankind to little more than a herd animal.

There’s no escape! We may as well paint ourselves green and write SOYLENT on our foreheads!
big surprise

gulp  ummmmm.. tnx? but i live in the phillippines and whos Illuminati? and im 12? cool grin

joke

Signature 

GO HERE

Posted: 25 March 2008 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05
silver caliber magnum - 25 March 2008 01:30 PM

gulp  ummmmm.. tnx? but i live in the phillippines

Yes, they intend to use ‘your’ assassination attempt as a pretext for invasion. Then they can seize permanent control of Manilla and ensure there is no interruption to their supply of little brown envelopes, the only threat to their plans!

{paginate}
2 of 30
{/paginate}