{/paginate}
Myspace hoax *UPDATED - Now with Indictments!*
Posted: 16 May 2008 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14
Sakano - 16 May 2008 12:38 PM

Well, some people might not agree with it, but I’m glad that she got indicted.  What she did was a pretty shitty thing to do.  The girl shouldn’t have killed herself, but she was a depressed little kid, and the adult in the situation, Lori, set out to make her feel bad.  Maybe the ruling will prevent situations like this in the future.

We can hope it does but going by the number of people who get caught doing stuff on the internet because they thought they were anonymous and would never get caught, I’m guess we will hear other cases like this.  It is stupid.  And all that because the woman *thought* the kid had said some stuff about her daughter.  Kids talk all the time and a lot of stuff is said.  If she is that fanatical about it then I have to wonder how far she would take matters if something more serious happened, like her daughter got in a fight.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 17 May 2008 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26
Magnoire La Chouette - 16 May 2008 07:53 PM
Nameless - 16 May 2008 09:25 AM

Yeah I hurd about this story a while back ago, kinda sad but pathetic at the same time.

She killed herself simply because she though this boy didn’t like her anymore.
I’m not saying it was right to do it to a girl who’s aready depressed, but kind of a silly thing to kill yourself over, especually as it’s not even in real life, it’s over the internet.

To a 13 year old girl, it could be devastating….
Everything’s a big drama at that age…
I was a 13 year old girl ~ 34 years ago. It was terrible. shock

I also used to be a 13 year old girl… I mean… ummm… Pancakes taste like well seasoned DVD cases… yeah… that’s right…

I think I covered that up pretty well… rolleyes

Anyway, it may be, but it’s surly no reason to commit suicide…

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 17 May 2008 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
Nameless - 17 May 2008 06:58 AM
Magnoire La Chouette - 16 May 2008 07:53 PM
Nameless - 16 May 2008 09:25 AM

Yeah I hurd about this story a while back ago, kinda sad but pathetic at the same time.

She killed herself simply because she though this boy didn’t like her anymore.
I’m not saying it was right to do it to a girl who’s aready depressed, but kind of a silly thing to kill yourself over, especually as it’s not even in real life, it’s over the internet.

To a 13 year old girl, it could be devastating….
Everything’s a big drama at that age…
I was a 13 year old girl ~ 34 years ago. It was terrible. shock

I also used to be a 13 year old girl… I mean… ummm… Pancakes taste like well seasoned DVD cases… yeah… that’s right…

I think I covered that up pretty well… rolleyes

Anyway, it may be, but it’s surly no reason to commit suicide…

I suppose it can be argued (or agrued in honor of nameless) that there are no good reasons to commit suicide. 

However, child abuse is still illegal in the U.S., and if nothing else this adult abused this child.  Emotional abuse in children is a factor in teenage suicide, and just because it wasn’t a parent that abused her doesn’t make it “legal” in my opinion. 

Had it truly been a teenaged boy who did this, perhaps the legalities would be different, but it wasn’t a teenaged boy.  It was an adult woman who created a false identity to screw with a child’s mind.  Again, child abuse. 

Adults often go online and pretend to be teenagers and try to entice children into sex.  Even if the sex never takes place it’s still illegal.  So I’m assuming some type of law regarding adults using false identities in regards to children applies.  I don’t know for sure, but I’m betting that bitch doesn’t get a very welcome reception when she gets to jail.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 17 May 2008 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26

I watched this on the news a while back ago now, and from what I herd, nothing happened because they didn’t break any laws, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying what they did was right at all and I think those basterds should be locked up for what they did, but I don’t think they meant for her to commit suicide, just to make her feel sad.
So in some way’s I guess you could say that they commited Man Slaughter.

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 17 May 2008 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

I pity the poor girl finally finding a friend then getting squashed like a bug having dreams crushed….Harsh when i put it that way right?I believe the fakers rot in jail but whats the motive to hurt an innocent girl. But i think it is also the girls fault she got so happy that she found her soul mate she did not believe her mom who said she should be careful about it.And if she was so sure about the person was a boy from THEIR neighborhood why did she just go to the boy and ask him in real life.Its Myspace not E harmony.I also put the blame on Myspace they should have privacy but they should limit these kinds of connections right .The last time i checked it was not an online dating service but a meeting place like this is a Public forum not a online dating service too.

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 17 May 2008 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16
Nameless - 17 May 2008 01:04 PM

I watched this on the news a while back ago now, and from what I herd, nothing happened because they didn’t break any laws,

If you read the article I posted above (the update) you’ll see that the state did not end up pressing any charges against the woman (last line).  It ended up being the federal government going after her and indicting her.  So the state may not have had any laws they felt this fell under, but the federal government had different ideas.

(I’m not sure if the federal government has special jurisdiction over internet crimes, or if it’s because the incident “crossed state lines” with the people living in Missouri and MySpace servers being in California.  I would guess the latter.)

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 07 July 2008 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-07-02

That is pure internet drama. Why can’t people just stay out of other peoples business?

Signature 

MY Work!

Posted: 08 July 2008 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

*pokes for Necroposting*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

{paginate}
4 of 4
{/paginate}