3 of 56
Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques, NAET.  Expensive quackery or miracle treatment?
Posted: 23 November 2007 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-08

Anotherone

Nothing worthwhile is easy!

You make some very good points and I can certainly understand your frustrations with the medical and pharmaceutical industry as a whole.

” ...I can see that what I have seen is not held with much importance.”

The degrees of importance are not really the point. We are trying to understand how good people, like yourself, can get swept up in the NAET movement and not see the obvious missing links to reality.

“You know, most of us couldn

Posted: 30 November 2007 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2006-02-25

CAN NAMBUDRIPAD LEGALLY USE THE LETTERS

Posted: 30 November 2007 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08

Joel,

I’d say you’ve documented rather nicely that she’s whistling in the wind.

Not that it’ll matter much to her.

If she can peddle this scam “science” she can certainly handle accusations of not being a real doctor.

Nice research!

Dave

Posted: 02 December 2007 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08

Anotherone

“...hope you understand that it will be hard for me to go to my patients tomorrow and explain that I can no longer treat them, even though they have had good results because the research done thus far does not support that this technique works. Or maybe I

Posted: 03 December 2007 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

You know.. I’m trying *very* hard to not be snarky.. I mean, the comment about seeing ‘if the real doctors will let me come take out their garbage’ just *invites* it..

*sigh* Fine.. I’ll get it out of my system…

*ahem* “In taking out the trash of real doctors, you would be doing far, far more to aid medicine and the care of patients than your current line of work.”

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 03 December 2007 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08
Robin Bobcat - 03 December 2007 08:13 AM

You know.. I’m trying *very* hard to not be snarky.. I mean, the comment about seeing ‘if the real doctors will let me come take out their garbage’ just *invites* it..

*sigh* Fine.. I’ll get it out of my system…

*ahem* “In taking out the trash of real doctors, you would be doing far, far more to aid medicine and the care of patients than your current line of work.”

Ooooh That’s gonna sting!

Posted: 04 December 2007 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2007-11-19

so the bottom line for me is that this works most of the time..of course, sarcasm aside I continue on my mission help people..I can’t explain totally how it works and neither can anyone else on this board..this difference is you don’t believe it works and I see it day in and day out..not some people thinking they feel better..real changes..again, infant skin changes are probably the best monitor as the placebo infant effect is probably minimal and either skin changes or it doesn’t..and we’re not talking about a slight change either..so there is the stalemate..I don’t think this type of board is generally filled with people who want to know what works but rather tying to disprove things based on third hand information..I don’t care where she got what degree from..is she sneaky or disreputable..not my call..what she has put together works most of the time..also, can show before and after blood tests on many items..so my rambling ends here, with a somewhat hard to read post..I guess for me when I hear something works to help my patients I learn it and see what happens..most things don’t work..this one happens to..luckily for the patients who use it.

Posted: 05 December 2007 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

I think our contention here is that no, it does not work. Any perceived effects are purely the result of wishful thinking and/or flimflammery. The relevation that you will cease rambling, however, fills our hearts with joy unbounded. I shall have to schedule a party.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 05 December 2007 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-19

To paraphrase, There are more things on heaven and earth than fit into your philosophy, Horatio. Your wishing it not to work has no effect on reality, except yours.

Posted: 05 December 2007 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Anotherone - 05 December 2007 12:20 PM

To paraphrase, There are more things on heaven and earth than fit into your philosophy, Horatio. Your wishing it not to work has no effect on reality, except yours.

The opposite could also apply, though.  There could be things fit into Horatio’s philosophy that don’t exist on heaven or earth, and wishing something to work has just as much effect on reality.

Personally, my opinion on NAET (as well as homeopathy and suchlike) is that I have no problem with the notion in and of itself.  If people want to go get NAET treatment, that’s their business.  I see no reason why NAET couldn’t be used alongside modern medicine; it doesn’t involve anything that is at all likely to actively cause harm, and it may just provide a helpful morale boost or placebo effect.  The problem is when somebody uses lies and scare tactics to try to scare people away from modern medicine entirely and to make them dependent on NAET.  It is as proven as anything can possibly be that modern medicine can successfully mitigate or end a huge number of ailments, as well as prevent quite a few.  NAET, on the other hand, has yet to be shown to do anything. . .but is claimed by many of its supporters to be able to do just about everything.  By using lies and fear, some supporters of NAET try to panic people into choosing NAET exclusively (as opposed to letting them make an educated choice) and to delay getting proven treatments.  And that can cause harm.

And I just want to point out that every time I read your user-name, I hear Freddie Mercury’s voice singing it.  This point has nothing to do with the topic, and is meant as neither support nor criticism.  I’m just mentioning it.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 05 December 2007 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-19

Agreed, if all I had to go on were nebulous reports that things felt better I would question the results. But how to explain skin rashes going away overnight on children, people able to eat things that had formerly caused them great distress and on and on. I am not talking about 4 or 5 reports, I am talking about hundreds of people having significant results. I have seen many things which seemed to work, which I wanted to have work but in the long run didn’t pan out. Here I am referring to over 8 years of work with people on a daily basis. Far too much to discount.

what song?

3 of 56