{paginate}
3 of 3
{/paginate}
NSA monitors all internet traffic, ISP complies by facilitating them in-house?
Posted: 09 December 2007 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Stiglet - 09 December 2007 07:02 AM

I sometimes think that some common sense on behalf of governments might prevent a lot of terrorist attacks.

You’d be surprised to know how many attacks are prevented.  Intelligence agencies such as the NSA actually do a very good job of noticing, tracking down, and stopping those attacks even when they’re still only in the planning stage.  It’s just that such information never gets out into the news unless it’s something really really spectacular.  The occasional time when they slip up and the terrorists manage to do something is different matter. . .

I’m surprised no one has hit the parliament house in Canberra (Australia) yet.

The militant platypi aren’t that organised yet.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 09 December 2007 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Stiglet - 09 December 2007 07:02 AM

I sometimes think that some common sense on behalf of governments might prevent a lot of terrorist attacks.

Make the Pentagon such a unique and easy-to-recognise-from-the-air shape and put it in lots of movies and of course someone is going to fly into it.

I’m surprised no one has hit the parliament house in Canberra (Australia) yet. Their was a full floor plan of the building on the old 5 dollar notes. Or maybe no one else pays as much attention to Australian currency as i do?

Sits back and waits for ASIO to bust down her door

(I’m one of the rare Australians who knows ASIO exists as well. No one makes movies about them because nothing exciting ever happens to them.)

Intelligence services are generally really good at catching them. I mean, look at the car bombings in the UK in July. The police caught every single terrorist. Except the Glasgow Airport mob. But that sorted itself out.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

{paginate}
3 of 3
{/paginate}