{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}
Couple cheat with each other
Posted: 18 September 2007 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2005-10-26

It’s like the old urban legend of the father/daughter or son/mother setting up a date and realising their error. Except, this one is actually slightly more believeable.
I wonder how ‘unfaithful’ internet chatting can be in court?

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22438941-13762,00.html
Couple cheat with each other

A MARRIED couple who didn’t realise they were chatting each other up on the internet are divorcing.

Sana Klaric and husband Adnan, who used the names “Sweetie” and “Prince of Joy” in an online chatroom, spent hours telling each other about their marriage troubles, Metro.co.uk reported.

The truth emerged when the two turned up for a date. Now the pair, from Zenica in central Bosnia, are divorcing after accusing each other of being unfaithful.

“I was suddenly in love. It was amazing. We seemed to be stuck in the same kind of miserable marriage. How right that turned out to be,” Sana, 27, said.

Adnan, 32, said: “I still find it hard to believe that Sweetie, who wrote such wonderful things, is actually the same woman I married and who has not said a nice word to me for years”.

Posted: 18 September 2007 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I would think after doing all that & then realizing they were both into each other…that it would help more than hurt.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 18 September 2007 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Maybe they should divorce each other, and then marry online.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 18 September 2007 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28
Maegan - 18 September 2007 02:22 PM

I would think after doing all that & then realizing they were both into each other…that it would help more than hurt.

Ummm… coming from a marriage that is at it’s tail end… if I were to discover that I had been unknowingly wooing my soon-to-be-ex via the internet,  I would run screaming to the nearest cliff and toss myself over… because there would be no hope for me making quality decisions in the future… especially after all the grief and manipulation I have been subjected to through the 20+ years of our relationship (I am certain is was not all one big picnic for her either).

If you start to see “hope” in having another “fresh” relationship and discover that you have been in fact courting the person who is the source of your unhappiness it would be the ultimate disappointment. It is my belief that their revelations at the meeting is that both of them were being BLATANTLY truthful about their unhappiness to each other online and the face-to-face meeting just sealed the deal.

My soon-to-be-ex only REALLY learned about my inner feelings and unhappiness through reading my blog (not the current incarnation - the one I erased after she took me to task over my words).

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 18 September 2007 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

Okay..so that makes sense, too.  But I would think if you had found a way to enjoy this person again, without realizing who it was…it must mean that regardless of what issues happened in the past…you DO still have genuine love for this person’s personality.

But I wonder…they NEVER exchanged photos??

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 18 September 2007 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

“I was suddenly in love. It was amazing. We seemed to be stuck in the same kind of miserable marriage. How right that turned out to be,” Sana, 27, said.

Adnan, 32, said: “I still find it hard to believe that Sweetie, who wrote such wonderful things, is actually the same woman I married and who has not said a nice word to me for years”.

See, this is why people should not marry until they have at least reached the age of 50!  She isn’t old enough yet to be in perimenopause yet which is when a HUGE proportion of long-term marriages end (females do change, become very confused and mean and are usually the ones to leave). 

In the case of the woman above, she wanted something new. 

The young man above was most likely genuinely miserable.

They did finally communicate, but it’s a question of who was more truthful since each were speaking via a ‘safe’ platform to someone they presumed they didn’t know. 

If both were bring truthful and she admitted to a ‘stranger’ that she was tired of her husband, then admitted a lot of short-comings that were de-masculating when he realized in the end that she had been talking about him all that time….while HE was PROBABLY probing for more details through which he could make himself look like the better buy to a ‘strange’ woman….. then even this ‘new love’ was going to crumble very quickly.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 18 September 2007 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14

I think it just goes to show how much people bullshit when talking to others in chat rooms.  They all gloss over the bad parts and make themselves look great.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 18 September 2007 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

Huli’s right about the “new love” crumbling very quickly…
gray also touches on a good point with the deceptions made in chatroom. 

There is nothing that my soon-to-be-ex can ever say or do that will change the way I feel (or DO NOT feel) about her. Too much history to be erased by a few kind words or hollow promises made anonymously over the computer.

I am not sure I would go so far as to say that it isn’t advisable to marry before 50 though…  blank stare

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 18 September 2007 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

They obviously deserve each other.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 18 September 2007 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08
oppiejoe - 18 September 2007 04:02 PM

I am not sure I would go so far as to say that it isn’t advisable to marry before 50 though…  blank stare

There’d be a hell of a lot of little bastards running around otherwise.  wink

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 18 September 2007 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

Look—I found a transcript of their chat:

I was tired of my lady, we’d been together too long.
Like a worn-out recording, of a favorite song.
So while she lay there sleeping, I read the paper in bed.
And in the personals column, there was this letter I read:

“If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
If you’re not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain.
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
I’m the lady you’ve looked for, write to me, and escape.”

I didn’t think about my lady, I know that sounds kind of mean.
But me and my old lady, had fallen into the same old dull routine.
So I wrote to the paper, took out a personal ad.
And though I’m nobody’s poet, I thought it wasn’t half-bad.

“Yes, I like Pi

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 18 September 2007 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

Joe, that was just MEAN. I get that thing stuck in my head and it takes a sledgehammer to get it out of there!

{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}