2 of 2
{/paginate}
Belgium for sale on eBay
Posted: 19 September 2007 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Exactly: although we share the same language and some cultural traits, there are also some large differences. Our Dutch society is much more, and much thighter, structured on several levels.

The Flemish, who consider tax evasion as something of a civil right, would have difficulty to swallow the thight Dutch tax system too.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 19 September 2007 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

There are those here in North America who consider tax evasion a civil right too and/or a sport.  People are like that all over I guess.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 September 2007 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20
LaMa - 19 September 2007 04:36 PM

The Flemish, who consider tax evasion as something of a civil right, would have difficulty to swallow the thight Dutch tax system too.

I’m a little phlegmish just now.  I think it’s allergies.

LaMa - 18 September 2007 02:50 PM

Frostbird, what is your take on Flanders re-joining the Netherlands?

Ned says, “Okily dokily!”

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}