{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
wealthwars.com
Posted: 05 September 2007 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-09-05

i have tried to find people who are on this site to see if people are really cashing out and really wining xbox and gift cards (i guess some people found those items last week on the site) and can’t all i find is links to join the site. i joined wealthwars.com in mid july of 2007 july and september i was at the payout and did all my moves.
the site says that they will send an email and after responding if you are having put in paypal it will take 2 weeks. both months i did not receive an email and checked paypal…...no payment. i tried to contact them but their links for the chat room and contact us do not work.
i went to whoiswho website to get an email address but i don’t know how reliable that is because there was an annoucement september 25th 2007 on wealthwars that they changed servers.

i did send an email anyway to one of the address i found on whoiswho but as yet have not heard anything. I do know they are using something called spamarrest to filter out spam emails, so it is taking a little longer to get a reply of what is going on.

has anybody had an experience with wealthwars?

Posted: 05 September 2007 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

Sorry.  Can’t say I have.  I personally don’t trust those things and try to limit the amount of personal information I give out when I know it will be used for spamming me in both my email inbox and my snail mail one.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 05 September 2007 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07

The first hint is that the links for the chatroom and contact us don’t work.

I doubt that this is for real, or that you’ll ever see your money :(

I see some people in forums saying they got paid, but most of them just joined the forums and seem more troll-like than realy active members of said forums. Probably either people running the scam trying to “put the word out” that it’s for real, or people who got roped in and are trying to sign other people up to make money.

I follow one simple rule and it seems to serve me well: There is no such thing as free money online.

Good luck!

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 08 September 2007 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5529
Joined  2007-03-14
emrald - 05 September 2007 11:26 PM

i have tried to find people who are on this site to see if people are really cashing out and really wining xbox and gift cards (i guess some people found those items last week on the site) and can’t all i find is links to join the site. i joined wealthwars.com in mid july of 2007 july and september i was at the payout and did all my moves.
the site says that they will send an email and after responding if you are having put in paypal it will take 2 weeks. both months i did not receive an email and checked paypal…...no payment. i tried to contact them but their links for the chat room and contact us do not work.
i went to whoiswho website to get an email address but i don’t know how reliable that is because there was an annoucement september 25th 2007 on wealthwars that they changed servers.

i did send an email anyway to one of the address i found on whoiswho but as yet have not heard anything. I do know they are using something called spamarrest to filter out spam emails, so it is taking a little longer to get a reply of what is going on.

has anybody had an experience with wealthwars?

There was an announcement on september 25 2007 that they changed servers??  Someone using a crystal ball or something?  I’m guessing they are sucking people in and scamming them for their money.  The server change was for upgrades according to their website but they might do that on a regular basis.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 10 September 2007 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-10

Hello, my name is Subliminal and I found this forum while searching for information on Wealth Wars myself. Looks like you could use some info so I’ll share what I have.

First though, Transfrmr - you really can find legitimate sites that pay you to play games and pay you to post articles as well. I am a member of myLot where I write topics about everyday things and get paid for it. I do not want to abuse this forum so I’m not going to post any referral links but if you would like to see the ones I like that actually pay, visit my profile page at http://www.mylot.com/sksouth  and you will be able to read some of my articles from there as well as find two game banners for sites that pay to play. If you decide to join myLot, it would be appreciated if you use my referral link on that page because all members earn a continuous bonus of 25% each month of what their referrals make. In the last eleven months I have made about $900, not much but it paid for new computer equipment and some of my internet bills.

Back to Wealth Wars. I joined this site about a month ago thinking it was legit but found out from an ex moderator for the site that they quit paying about 18 months ago AND the admins were creating profiles and attacking members so they would not have to pay them. I don’t know the truth of this but I find it strange that we cannot contact admin and things like the pm’s and alliances don’t work properly. I was already a member when they upgraded to new servers so I thought they were fixing everything but the moves history is still not resetting every day and I think it is a scam! The ex moderator gave me the following contact info for other admins on Wealth Wars, none have answered my emails, maybe it will be different for you! I’m also including what I found on Whois.

Registrant:
  Primo Creations
  15 Prestbury Sq.
  Suite 6
  Newark, Delaware 19713
  United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
  Domain Name: WEALTHWARS.COM
    Created on: 31-Jan-03
    Expires on: 31-Jan-08
    Last Updated on: 14-Aug-07

Administrative Contact:
    Creations, Primo .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
    15 Prestbury Sq.
    Suite 6
    Newark, Delaware 19713
    United States
    4434664434     Fax—

Technical Contact:
    Creations, Primo .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
    15 Prestbury Sq.
    Suite 6
    Newark, Delaware 19713
    United States
    4434664434     Fax—

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.EV1SERVERS.NET
    NS2.EV1SERVERS.NET

crazypenguin = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

macy = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

moderator = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
wealthwars = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), blocked.
krispytweat = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
peppy = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
siggidyb = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
vistakiller = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
demboys = .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I have decided that I like the play format and so do some of my friends so we are playing even if they don’t pay. My user name there is RunningBear. Since it is a scam site anyway, I figure they won’t ban you for multiple accounts cause it don’t matter anyway, so today I created a second account so I can work the two together and also do better since it is new and I have learned more about the game. The new name is LordMarshal and of course my alliance is the Necromongers! LOL

Have fun ya’ll!

Posted: 10 September 2007 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Is there a point to this thread?

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 10 September 2007 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16
N E O - 10 September 2007 10:05 PM

Is there a point to this thread?

Yes.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 10 September 2007 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

I’m just impressed that we have a new member posting who’s actually critical of the topic instead of encouraging us to participate.  Usually we get piggy-back spam in topics like this.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 10 September 2007 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-07
Subliminal - 10 September 2007 09:53 PM

First though, Transfrmr - you really can find legitimate sites that pay you to play games and pay you to post articles as well. I am a member of myLot where I write topics about everyday things and get paid for it. I do not want to abuse this forum so I’m not going to post any referral links but if you would like to see the ones I like that actually pay, visit my profile page at http://www.mylot.com/sksouth  and you will be able to read some of my articles from there as well as find two game banners for sites that pay to play. If you decide to join myLot, it would be appreciated if you use my referral link on that page because all members earn a continuous bonus of 25% each month of what their referrals make. In the last eleven months I have made about $900, not much but it paid for new computer equipment and some of my internet bills.

Well then, I sit corrected. You’re right of course, some of these sites do pay, but most pay for a while and then drop off and just collect money off the ads. I’ve seen many of them come and go over the years, if you’re lucky enough to get in while the getting is good, then all the more power to you. For every site that does pay out there, there are probably at least 50 if not more that don’t, and just suck up money from the ads on their site, or that are basically selling your information.

The game banners you have look like okay games, but in most cases they seem to be paying you to Spam other people and advertise their site. Again, you are performing a service for them, and they are paying you for it. If you look at the total amounts they pay out, they’re also getting their money’s worth. Sure you can make some cash, but it’s hardly free. Piratetheworld is also selling things, which surely will help them make money, although you don’t necessarily have to buy things to play the game, it sure helps you out with the bonuses they give.

Let’s look at MyLot, first, they’ve been arund for just over a year now in their present incarnation. Not too bad actually.

From their Terms of Service:

Proprietary Rights in Content on myLot
myLot does not claim any ownership rights in the text, works of authorship, photos, or any other materials that you post to the myLot website. After posting to the myLot website, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such content, and you continue to have the right to use your content in any way you choose. By publishing (“posting”) any content on or through the myLot website, you hereby grant to myLot an irrevocable infinite life limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such content solely on and through the myLot website and third party sites with whom myLot has distribution agreements.

Not too evil. You still own your stuff, but so do they in a way. They can undoubtedly make some money off some of the content posted. It would be nice to see a list of third-party sites that they have “distribution agreements” with. I wouldn’t really define this as free money though, they’re basically paying you for the content you contribute. Still, I agree it’s better to get paid than to put it out there for free I guess.

From their Privacy policy:

As otherwise described in this privacy statement, myLot will not disclose any personal information to a third party, except if any situation arises and myLot believes disclosure is necessary. The following are exceptions:
myLot will conform to any legal requirements, respond to a subpoena, search warrant or any other legal process received, whether or not a response is required by applicable law
myLot also reserves the right to exchange any personal information to any related companies.
myLot will enforce the myLot

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 10 September 2007 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-10

Transfrmr, alas I must agree that there is no such thing as free money, the critical point to your statement which I overlooked. But it is nice to know that there are some places where our efforts are rewarded in earnest. I cannot fault any company for desiring to make money, that’s what it’s all about. Mylot makes a pretty penny from ads and in return pays members for contributions which seems fair to me. Having been a member there for eleven months, I can say that I have never received spam in any of my email boxes that originated from myLot or their misuse of my personal information.

I also cannot dispute your assessments of the game sites as they are right on but will say I find their approach acceptable and enjoy the time I spend there.

Good evening.

Posted: 10 September 2007 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-07
Subliminal - 11 September 2007 01:35 AM

Transfrmr, alas I must agree that there is no such thing as free money, the critical point to your statement which I overlooked. But it is nice to know that there are some places where our efforts are rewarded in earnest. I cannot fault any company for desiring to make money, that’s what it’s all about. Mylot makes a pretty penny from ads and in return pays members for contributions which seems fair to me. Having been a member there for eleven months, I can say that I have never received spam in any of my email boxes that originated from myLot or their misuse of my personal information.

I also cannot dispute your assessments of the game sites as they are right on but will say I find their approach acceptable and enjoy the time I spend there.

Good evening.

Well, any time you can have fun AND make money, it is a killer combo indeed grin

MyLot does seem to be a fair deal. The potential for selling your information, or all of your contributions it a little bit of a worry, but It’s all in what you put up there, right? I wouldn’t worry too much about spam, but more identity theft, or the like should the site be bought out by someone unscrupulous. Still, you’ve got to take a risk somewhere or you’ll never find out.

I have to say it is refreshing to see that someone is getting paid by these things, seems you found the good ones that most people I know haven’t. I’m much more of a FPS person myself, but I can definitely appreciate a good turn-based game for what it is wink

Thanks for sharing them, I may pass them on to a few people I know. Making sure to send them your referral links of course LOL

Signature 

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}