“Save your child from being a goth”, says church
Posted: 31 August 2007 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
Madmouse - 31 August 2007 09:38 PM
nameless - 31 August 2007 08:43 PM

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

I loved these ones! LOL

Me too, especially since it’s Count Chocula cereal. I wasn’t aware that there were “goth-related” foods LOL

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26

If this article was sent buy a church, and I believe it was because I’ve seen it 3 times now, I think that they, in a way, looking for a scape goat. A lot of the things listed is typical teenage attitude, boredom, time alone, violent video games etc… And they’re in a way trying a group of people to blame it on.

And whats with Buddhism, Hinduism, philosophy???

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

I’m pretty sure at least parts of it are authentic—I’m just saying, if there’s no info about where it came from and when it was passed out, that changes how “authentic” it is.

And I still say that it’s asking a fair amount of the average clueless grownup to differentiate between a kid who wears black and skulls all the time and is a Goth and a kid who wears black and skulls all the time as part of his cry for help. Naturally they should look at other things as well, but particularly if the kid is gloomy and uncommunicative, you can’t blame them for wondering and worrying. At least I can’t.

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26
MadCarlotta - 31 August 2007 09:40 PM
nameless - 31 August 2007 08:43 PM

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

I loved these ones! LOL

Me too, especially since it’s Count Chocula cereal. I wasn’t aware that there were “goth-related” foods LOL

Me three LOL

“count dracula”

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-18

I loved these ones! LOL

Yeah, the Count Dracula/Chocula one was my favorite as well. I always thought that a very…sinister cereal. Those marshmallows—ooooooooh!

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26
Kathleen - 31 August 2007 09:41 PM

I’m pretty sure at least parts of it are authentic—I’m just saying, if there’s no info about where it came from and when it was passed out, that changes how “authentic” it is.

And I still say that it’s asking a fair amount of the average clueless grownup to differentiate between a kid who wears black and skulls all the time and is a Goth and a kid who wears black and skulls all the time as part of his cry for help. Naturally they should look at other things as well, but particularly if the kid is gloomy and uncommunicative, you can’t blame them for wondering and worrying. At least I can’t.

Why is wearing black a cry for help? hmmm

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood.

That’s not goth, that’s just… weird…

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26
Malfunctioned - 31 August 2007 09:38 PM

[quote author=“nameless” date=“1188610337]People tend to make the mistake that Goths are…people…who go and burn churches.

So you’re saying that you don’t burn down churches?

Just a little bit cheese

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-18

Nameless
Why is wearing black a cry for help?

Looking depressed can be a cry for help, right? And it’s harder to look depressed when you’re wearing, say, canary yellow. So they could wear gray…or brown…or ecru…or black. In and of itself, wearing black is fine, of course. But if you’ve got a depressed child, you’re going to be looking for signs. It’s only natural.

Suicide is, after all, the third highest cause of death for teenagers in the U.S. Really. So if their kid looks depressed, people worry.

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

If you notice, the items on the list gradually get sillier, going from the more genuine end of the spectrum like

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.

to

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases:

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 31 August 2007 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26
Kathleen - 31 August 2007 09:50 PM

Nameless
Why is wearing black a cry for help?

Looking depressed can be a cry for help, right? And it’s harder to look depressed when you’re wearing, say, canary yellow. So they could wear gray…or brown…or ecru…or black. In and of itself, wearing black is fine, of course. But if you’ve got a depressed child, you’re going to be looking for signs. It’s only natural.

Suicide is, after all, the third highest cause of death for teenagers in the U.S. Really. So if their kid looks depressed, people worry.

Actually, apparently it’s gone up to seconed highest.

I don’t black is a depressing colour, I like black.

Signature 

3 of 19