http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26
Kathleen - 31 August 2007 07:56 PM

Goth or no, I would say some of the listed symptoms would definitely be cause for concern. No? I really couldn’t blame a parent for being a bit worried if his kid wore black all the time, talked about suicide, and practiced self-multilation.

By the way, do we actually know that this was passed out at “a church”? I can imagine churches that might do such a thing, but that doesn’t mean they actually did. I don’t know how many “St. Mary’s” churches there are, but a rough estimate would be “lots and lots.”

And Nameless, “reticules” is one of your misspellings that I just adore—really! You probably don’t get the joke, but that’s because someone of your age and gender has little chance of knowing that reticule is an old-fashioned name for a lady’s purse.

That’s whats so funny, goth has nothing to do with self harm or suicide, most Goths I’ve met are happy and really inelegant people.

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

I know, but you have to realize that there are sad, suicidal kids out there who look like Goths to grownups and other outsiders. They probably don’t look at all like Goths to those who really know, but grownups never have been able to really discern differences among various teen groups—they couldn’t when I was a kid, and they still can’t now—and you really shouldn’t expect them to. If their kid goes from wearing regular clothes to suddenly wearing all black, decorated with skulls, and they know of another kid who did the same thing and then tried to slit his wrists…well, you can’t blame parents for worrying, can you?

“Inelegant”? What are you trying to say here? That is a real word, but it doesn’t make any sense in context.

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26
Kathleen - 31 August 2007 08:20 PM

I know, but you have to realize that there are sad, suicidal kids out there who look like Goths to grownups and other outsiders. They probably don’t look at all like Goths to those who really know, but grownups never have been able to really discern differences among various teen groups—they couldn’t when I was a kid, and they still can’t now—and you really shouldn’t expect them to. If their kid goes from wearing regular clothes to suddenly wearing all black, decorated with skulls, and they know of another kid who did the same thing and then tried to slit his wrists…well, you can’t blame parents for worrying, can you?

“Inelegant”? What are you trying to say here? That is a real word, but it doesn’t make any sense in context.

I agree, the parents will most probably worry If there child slits their wrists. But I don’t think they should worry about wearing black. I wear a lot of black, but that doesn’t mean I’m depressed or unhappy.

But putting this article aside, people tend to make the mistake that Goths are sad, depressed people that slit their wrists, or, they think that they go and burn churches and murder.

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I have seen similar type things passed out at my family’s church as well as at two Christian schools I attended, so I for one, believe it to be authentic.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
MadCarlotta - 31 August 2007 08:33 PM

I have seen similar type things passed out at my family’s church as well as at two Christian schools I attended, so I for one, believe it to be authentic.

Boo says she first read it as a humorous piece, several years ago. It looks like it’s been found by various churches and taken far too seriously… wink

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
nameless - 31 August 2007 07:54 PM
David B. - 31 August 2007 07:52 PM

I think there’s a universal law that every post making fun of bad spelling either contains or precedes a spelling mistake by the poster.
red face

Calmer?

Now I’m sitting down, yes thanks!

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26
MadCarlotta - 31 August 2007 08:33 PM

But isn’t Christianity built on understanding others and forgiveness ect… Why discriminate a group of people?

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
nameless - 31 August 2007 07:43 PM

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

I loved these ones! LOL

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1826
Joined  2006-03-03

[quote author=“nameless” date=“1188610337]People tend to make the mistake that Goths are…people…who go and burn churches.

So you’re saying that you don’t burn down churches?

Signature 

I am the Malfunction!

Because dignity is overrated anyway cheese

{paginate}
2 of 19
{/paginate}