RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Tah - 16 February 2007 04:16 AM
snpssaini - 16 February 2007 03:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29zRKexj7XE
Perpetual Motion Machine

No.  That’s an animation.

Maybe it’s a potentially perpetually moving animation?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 16 February 2007 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
Accipiter - 16 February 2007 01:40 PM

Maybe it’s a potentially perpetually moving animation?

No it stops after about 6 seconds, then you have to manually restart it.

Much like the real thing, I imagine.

Posted: 16 February 2007 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

Here’s a “Channel 4” short film about Charles Redheffer’s 1812 scam perpetual motion machine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjU39AWM8qM

Posted: 18 February 2007 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

I always get a kick out of these PM machine diagrams that include a brake lever!

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 07 August 2007 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-08-07

I racked my brain for several years trying to decide if Johann Bessler was a fraud. One day my 8 year old (at the time) daughter took an overbalanced wheel drawing that she was looking at on my desk and turned it upside down, telling me “this will work”. Humoring her, I put together a two-weight version after figuring out the mechanism needed to make the real-world weights do what the inverted drawing depicted. After trying it I scanned the drawing and sent it for verification to a friend in Australia who is adept in machining and mechanics.

The drawing and results were placed in public domain on purpose; knowledge of this simple device should never be owned by any one person or entity. They can be found by Yahoo searching “Grim and Smithy’s wheel”

As smart and advanced as DaVinci was, why he never tried this is unknown. My daughter (now 12) scares me.

You are welcome to build the model and prove it to yourselves.

Posted: 07 August 2007 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

So you’ve solved the world’s energy crisis all at once?  I’m sure your name will go down in history as one of the greatest minds of all time. 

Of course since neither a Yahoo nor Google search actually turns anything up, save for one post in Yahoo Answers, I think I’ll hold off on my accolades.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 07 August 2007 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

That’s nothing! My 5-year-old has discovered a way to fly (shown below)...

http://z.about.com/d/kidsfashion/1/0/O/1/WesternChiefKidsDinoBoots.jpg

Since most people are strong enough to lift about their own weight, you just pull on the conveniently placed handles until you succeed in raising your feet off the ground. Then you just pull a bit harder to go up, or relax a little to go back down.

Like overbalancing wheels, it takes someone with the mind of a child to think of these things!

Posted: 07 August 2007 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

David, your last post and this one:

David B. - 16 February 2007 05:47 PM

No it stops after about 6 seconds, then you have to manually restart it.

Much like the real thing, I imagine.

Both made me laugh out loud in my office.

You jerk!

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 07 August 2007 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2005-04-22

Irish firm’s display of ‘free-energy’ machine delayed.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

By Gary Fennelly

Technology developed by an Irish company that allegedly defies the laws of physics to produce free power is to go on public display for the first time.

Dublin-based Steorn claims to have developed free energy technology called Orbo which could power everything from vehicles to mobile phones.

Steorn planned to show Orbo at an exhibition today at the Kinetica Museum in London. However this has been delayed due to “technical difficulties”.  A statement on their website blames “intense heat from the camera lighting”.

It is claimed the Orbo will perpetually spin in a clear polycarbonate wheel with absolutely no supply of external energy or power unit attached.

In August of last year the firm challenged the world’s scientific community to give its verdict on technology in full page ad in the Economist. They claim the device smashes the laws of physics by creating ” free energy.”

Steorn’s chief executive, Sean McCarthy, insisted that scientists have looked at the invention and said that it works.

“What we have developed is a way to construct magnetic fields so that when you travel round the magnetic fields, starting and stopping at the same position, you have gained energy ,” he said.

“The energy isn’t being converted from any other source such as the energy within the magnet. It’s literally created. Once the technology operates, it provides a constant stream of clean energy.”

What are they waiting for?

Posted: 07 August 2007 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07
grim - 07 August 2007 06:22 PM

As smart and advanced as DaVinci was, why he never tried this is unknown. My daughter (now 12) scares me.

I ran this through the Transfrmr-Lator

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 08 August 2007 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

“The energy isn’t being converted from any other source such as the energy within the magnet. It’s literally created. Once the technology operates, it provides a constant stream of clean energy.”

Wow, just moments away from solving the world’s energy problems! Awesome!

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

5 of 50