2 of 4
Pink or Blue - who decides colors for girls and boys, culture or nature?
Posted: 21 August 2007 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26

My favorite colour is black and red.

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 21 August 2007 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

nameless, I’m sortof with you.  There’s drama in those colors (black being all of them)

When I was little I had to have everything red.  Even when I crayoned in my coloring books I would make the entire page a solid mass of crushed red wax and I didn’t bother keeping inside the lines either….I ... wanted ... RED!

I do like pink though, there’s a kind of ‘taste’ to that color depending on the hue.  I don’t like it on guys, it just seems kind of deviant.  I like all colors though, especially deep earthy ones.  But the colors I wear change drastically with my mood and I like the fact that as a girl I kind of have social ‘permission’ to do so.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 21 August 2007 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5510
Joined  2007-03-14

Personally I think pink should be normal for everyone.  It doesn’t matter whether you’re male or female when you arrive in the world you’re still pink all over.  (for caucasians anyway)

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 21 August 2007 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
gray - 21 August 2007 08:09 PM

Personally I think pink should be normal for everyone.  It doesn’t matter whether you’re male or female when you arrive in the world you’re still pink all over.  (for caucasians anyway)

Speak for yourself. Here we’re milk-bottle white.

As Billy Connolly says, we’re Scottish. We’re a sort of light blue colour. We’re not pink, we’re actually blue.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 21 August 2007 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29
nameless - 21 August 2007 02:18 PM

I’ve actually seen a lot of boys wearing pink now tongue laugh ... And I mean a lot.

Yes boys, not men.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 21 August 2007 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07
MadCarlotta - 21 August 2007 02:47 PM

I do like purple/lavendar shades on men though. smile

Phew, safe. I was given a really nice lavender dress shirt for my birthday, but I couldn’t bring myself to wear it. Upon some taunting by a friend of mine (she’s evil, but her boyfriend has it much, much worse), I wore it out a few weeks ago. Apparently it looked “hot”, but I still felt like it was too close to pink for comfort LOL

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 21 August 2007 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16

I have been told that I look terrible in pink by several people.  And that was just because a tee-shirt I had way back when had a character on it wearing a pink hat or something.

I have been told that I look good in (a dark) purple shirt, however.  Especially when tanned.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 22 August 2007 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26
N E O - 21 August 2007 11:40 PM
nameless - 21 August 2007 02:18 PM

I’ve actually seen a lot of boys wearing pink now tongue laugh ... And I mean a lot.

Yes boys, not men.

Buy “boy’s” I mean male’s of all ages,

Signature 

Posted: 22 August 2007 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

I think guys in some pastels look really sexy, including shades of lavender.  Pink I do have a problem with only because it’s a cultural ‘thing’ I suppose. 

I can tell you there are probably a LOT of guys who walk around wearing pink briefs though, not because they purchased them that way, but because they did their own laundry.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 22 August 2007 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Transfrmr - 22 August 2007 03:53 AM
MadCarlotta - 21 August 2007 02:47 PM

I do like purple/lavendar shades on men though. smile

Phew, safe. I was given a really nice lavender dress shirt for my birthday, but I couldn’t bring myself to wear it. Upon some taunting by a friend of mine (she’s evil, but her boyfriend has it much, much worse), I wore it out a few weeks ago. Apparently it looked “hot”, but I still felt like it was too close to pink for comfort LOL

LOL

I like to concept of “This is a little too close to pink…”

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 22 August 2007 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26
hulitoons - 22 August 2007 11:35 AM

I think guys in some pastels look really sexy, including shades of lavender.  Pink I do have a problem with only because it’s a cultural ‘thing’ I suppose. 

I can tell you there are probably a LOT of guys who walk around wearing pink briefs though, not because they purchased them that way, but because they did their own laundry.

*Puts on pink clothes*

Signature 

2 of 4