{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Someone’s vandalising Stephen King books!  Oh, wait…
Posted: 16 August 2007 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

It’s just Stephen King himself.

Stephen King mistaken for vandal in Alice

One of the world’s most famous authors, Stephen King, was mistaken for a vandal in an Alice Springs bookstore on Tuesday.

Dymocks store manager Bev Ellis says a customer saw the horror novelist walk into the store.

Once inside, King found copies of his books and began signing them.

“As the owner of a bookshop, when you see someone writing in one of your books you get a bit toey,” Ms Ellis said.

“So we immediately ran to the books and lo-and-behold here was the signature in several books.

“We sort of spun around on our heels, [saying] ‘where did he go, where did he go’.”

Ms Ellis says she saw the author standing in the fruit and veg section of the supermarket across the road.

“So I went over and introduced myself ... He was lovely, very nice, charming,” she said.

Ms Ellis says she asked him if he was staying long in Alice Springs and he just smiled.

“[Then I said], well if we knew you were coming we would have baked a cake.”

King signed six books in total.

The customer that mistook the author for a vandal bought one. Ms Ellis plans to give the remaining five copies to community groups who can auction them off to raise funds.

King’s rep in Sydney confirmed that they did not know the author was currently in Australia.

Ms Ellis says King was travelling with a friend.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 16 August 2007 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07

Oh, Smerk, you have no idea how much of a fan I am. This story absolutely made my morning smile

One of the best things about Stephen King is that he’s still so grounded, humble and downright decent.

Here are some pictures of his house I took while in Bangor, Maine. I think you’ll agree it really suits him. I particularly liked the bats on the front gate. He and his family really live there, even though it looks like it stepped right out of one of his books.

Apparently it is the best house to stop by when Trick-or-Treating on Halloween grin

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 16 August 2007 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
Transfrmr - 16 August 2007 11:51 AM

Here are some pictured of his house i took while in Bangor, Maine. I think you’ll agree it really suits him.

big surprise

I think that it suits me far greater!

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 16 August 2007 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Carlotta, can we live there together?
wink

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 16 August 2007 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-07

HEY! I saw it first!!!

I’m sure there is plenty of room for visitors though tongue wink

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 16 August 2007 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

So, if we can’t get Dracula’s castle, shall we just take Stephen King’s place instead?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 16 August 2007 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

I like that.

If I was a best-selling author I’m sure I’d enjoy covertly signing books. Just shows he’s a man who’s easily made happy.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 16 August 2007 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Transfrmr BOY do I envy you!!!  I love the photos!  It’s been a long-time dream of mine to meet King!  I just cannot imagine if I’d even be able to speak if he was standing in front of me.  Okay, I’d probably just faint

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 16 August 2007 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-07
hulitoons - 16 August 2007 04:07 PM

Transfrmr BOY do I envy you!!!  I love the photos!  It’s been a long-time dream of mine to meet King!  I just cannot imagine if I’d even be able to speak if he was standing in front of me.  Okay, I’d probably just faint

I’ve never met him face to face, but I did exchange correspondence with him when I was in High School and sent him some of my writing asking for advice. I was very surprised to receive a reply that was actually written directly by him, and even more surprised the second time grin

I own every single one of his books in hardcover, including a few first edition prints. The ones I really love I also have in paperback for lending out or because I read them so much I don’t want to destroy the hardcovers.

I’m happy to meet a fellow fan Huli, I am really sitting at the junkie level though:-)

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2007 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
Boo - 16 August 2007 12:40 PM

Carlotta, can we live there together?
wink

Me too! Me too! cheese

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}