1 of 2
Dead like Me
Posted: 01 July 2007 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Dead like me will be on the Sci-Fi channel here in the states all day Thursday, the 5th of July.

Dead Schedule

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 01 July 2007 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Are you dead?
When did you die?

Oh yes, must’ve been the 12th of June like the rest of us.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 01 July 2007 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Sharruma - 02 July 2007 01:28 AM

Are you dead?
When did you die?

Oh yes, must’ve been the 12th of June like the rest of us.

tongue wink

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 02 July 2007 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28

Hm, I heard the cast was coming back for a straight to DVD movie, in order to tie up all loose ends.  I haven’t been able to find anything official to confirm this though.  Some people say Ellen Muth’s MySpace talks about filming, but I really don’t hold “MySpace” as a reliable source.  I hope the rumors are true, though.  It was a great show.

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

Posted: 02 July 2007 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Dily, I read that somewhere that wasn’t MySpace related, so hopefully it is true.

I had started watching it when the show first started, but only saw a few episodes and didn’t get into it. I liked it, but had way too much going on at the time. Recently I started watching them again up here on Sunday afternoons and have become really enamored with the show. I was dismayed to find it had been cancelled. That always happens to shows I like.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 02 July 2007 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
MadCarlotta - 02 July 2007 02:31 PM

Recently I started watching them again up here on Sunday afternoons and have become really enamored with the show. I was dismayed to find it had been cancelled. That always happens to shows I like.

And they didn’t show the final several episodes which is why I’m glad it’s coming to sci-fi.  Unfortunately, our cable company doesn’t offer sci-fi in HD so that’s a bummer.  I think the show was originally on Showtime, and we don’t get showtime, so I missed it the first time around.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 02 July 2007 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28

I rented to DVDs on Netflix, and that’s how I saw it the first time.  Straight episodes with no commercials! Woo!

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

Posted: 02 July 2007 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

Anybody besides me a fan of the show The Dresden Files? It was on the SciFi channel, but it was a really c-o-o-o-o-o-l mix of the fantasy (the lead character is a real practicing wizard and he deals with a variety of demons and vampires and so on) and hard-boiled detective (it’s set in modern-day Chicago and the lead character is listed in the Chicago Yellow Pages under “wizard”) genres. It was fabulous…as far as I could tell from the 1.5 episodes I got to see . Not that I’m bitter—why do I see only advertisements for shows I wouldn’t like in a million billion years?

No word yet, as far as I can tell, about whether SciFi will renew it or not. I understand it is based on a series of books, so I just might have to check some of those out.

Posted: 02 July 2007 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Kathleen - 02 July 2007 04:39 PM

Anybody besides me a fan of the show The Dresden Files? It was on the SciFi channel, but it was a really c-o-o-o-o-o-l mix of the fantasy (the lead character is a real practicing wizard and he deals with a variety of demons and vampires and so on) and hard-boiled detective (it’s set in modern-day Chicago and the lead character is listed in the Chicago Yellow Pages under “wizard”) genres. It was fabulous…as far as I could tell from the 1.5 episodes I got to see . Not that I’m bitter—why do I see only advertisements for shows I wouldn’t like in a million billion years?

No word yet, as far as I can tell, about whether SciFi will renew it or not. I understand it is based on a series of books, so I just might have to check some of those out.

And the main character was a wizard called Harry

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 02 July 2007 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

Yes—Harry something Copperfield Dresden—his parents named him after famous magicians. But there was at least one “Wow, a wizard named Harry” joke in the episodes I saw. Fab show—I do hope it will come back, now that I finally found it.

Posted: 02 July 2007 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

I love, love, love Dead Like Me. I hope the wrap-up DVD is really good!!!

Kathleen - 02 July 2007 04:39 PM

Yes! I totally dig The Dresden Files. Did you know (you probably did) that the show is based on a series of books? I just got the first one.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 02 July 2007 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26
Bebelicious - 01 July 2007 10:21 PM

Dead like me will be on the Sci-Fi channel here in the states all day Thursday, the 5th of July.

Dead Schedule

I don’t get it, when did I die, and how did I die like you? Whats going on, where am I, I’m bored, lets go home…zzz zzz zzz…

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

1 of 2