2 of 2
{/paginate}
Wrestler’s Murder-Suicide of Family
Posted: 29 June 2007 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Most likely is that he e-mailed or text messaged someone “my wife is dead”. This someone only read it on Sunday-Monday night and then posted that comment on the Wiki, not knowing it wasn’t a natural death but instead involved a murder-suicide.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 29 June 2007 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Apparently, some guy admitted to it.  Wikipedia knows who it is, but they are not releasing his name.  The guy heard that Benoit didn’t show up as scheduled and there was all kinds of speculation and rumors.  He posted the “dead wife” bit as a joke, and says he is very sorry for doing so. 

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/29/who-knew-about-benoit-murders-before-cops/

(TMZ… yeah I know, real reliable source—-  does not allow cut and paste of their articles so no paragraph)

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 29 June 2007 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

That’s all right, Bebe.  Here’s a link to an MSNBC article about the same thing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19468182/?GT1=10056

[From a little way down the page]

Investigators had not discovered the bodies Monday when someone altered Benoit

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 29 June 2007 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2006-04-13

from newsvine.com:

The College Student Who ‘Knew’ About the Benoit Murder-Suicide Before Police

Yesterday it was widely reported by Fox News, the Associated Press, ABC News, digg and a host of other news sites (and originally on Wikinews) that an anonymous user on Wikipedia altered the online encyclopedia’s article on Chris Benoit noting the death of the pro-wrestler’s wife some 13-14 hours before police found the dead bodies of Benoit, his wife, and 7-year-old son. The incident is being treated as a murder-suicide.

What the anonymous user on Wikipedia may have failed to realize, is that little about your activity on Wikipedia (or the rest of the internet) is anonymous.

story continues——>

Yes, I am a “rasslin’ fan”.  I hope this helps slow down the absolutley looney conspiracy theories I’ve seen on other “wrestling” message boards (and to be honest, in the media also).  This murder/suicide is surreal enough without a bunch of idiots spouting ignorance from every orifice.

Posted: 29 June 2007 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Wow. I’ll bet he stops vandalizing pages now that he gets to be treated like a murder suspect for awhile LOL

*wonders why wiki doesn’t just ban his stupid IP*

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 29 June 2007 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14
MadCarlotta - 29 June 2007 09:52 PM

Wow. I’ll bet he stops vandalizing pages now that he gets to be treated like a murder suspect for awhile LOL

*wonders why wiki doesn’t just ban his stupid IP*

Wouldn’t work.  It’s too easy to come up with another ip address.  Just borrow a friends computer or find a wireless hotspot.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 29 June 2007 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
motu - 29 June 2007 03:05 PM

There very well may have been some delay between when Benoit sent the text messages (from both his and his wife’s phone) and when they were received.  The text messages were cries for help though.  He texted “my physical address is ....” several times from both his and his wife’s phone and other messages were regardiing him feeding the dogs and that a side door to the garage was open.

The wikipedia page revision is very weird, though I do believe that they think the IP address of Stamford, CT was spoofed.  Also, whoever made the changes to Benoit’s page had also “vandalised” other pages, one being another wrestler’s page, Chavo Guerrero Jr’s.  Whether this actually has any relevance to the murder suicide is unclear.  The timing of the revision is the weirdest part becasue thpough the IP can be spoofed, the timestamp is supposedly something that cannot be hacked (at least without a major effort that most likely could be detected).

You know, I am not a conspiracy freak or anything, but on review of all the above observations and information, it would not be that far a stretch to conclude that someone else may, indeed, have been involved here, you know?

Dan, ‘I was home all that night’

Posted: 29 June 2007 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
motu - 29 June 2007 09:20 PM

Yes, I am a “rasslin’ fan”.  I hope this helps slow down the absolutley looney conspiracy theories I’ve seen on other “wrestling” message boards (and to be honest, in the media also).  This murder/suicide is surreal enough without a bunch of idiots spouting ignorance from every orifice.

Uh oh, I am in big deep trouble now…....

Dan, checking every orifice

Posted: 30 June 2007 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2006-04-13

You know, I am not a conspiracy freak or anything, but on review of all the above observations and information, it would not be that far a stretch to conclude that someone else may, indeed, have been involved here, you know?

No signs of forced entry,gated community, no signs of a struggle in the house, german sheperd guard dogs delayed the cops entry into the house, signs of violence but not of a struggle on wife and son, no scratches or signs of a struggle on Benoit.  Though the timeline of events is still very much in question there does seem to be agreement that there were many hours between each death, Nancy, Daniel and Chris. There was some cell phone activity that has created a lot of rumors but eventually they might help with the timeline of events. There is no physical evidence whatsoever to suggest anything but Chris Benoit murdered his wife, then his son, and afterwards commited suicide.  There is no conspiracy here, just tragedy with some freaky coincidence/synchroncity and a lot of media attention…

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}