{paginate}
1 of 32
{/paginate}
Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry
Posted: 20 June 2007 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2007-06-20

Is this symbol the COMPLETE ancient flower of life? I would appreciate any opinions. http://thecompletefloweroflife.blogspot.com/ big surpriseX

Image Attachments
untitled.bmp

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

It’s a pretty picture drawn using only circles.  Why does it have to be anything more than that?  Why must it be sacred or mystical?

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

World secret societies have made sure ,we either ignore the flower or have our attention drawn to other ancient sites.They have taken great care in keeping the significance of the flower hidden.

hmmm

Why draw it in public at all then?

If you contemplate the symbol it will open a part of the mind which has been lost(hidden)to modern man.

From what I understand of meditation, contemplating just about anything will achieve the same effect.

Within this symbol ,all world secret societies(east and west) sacred symbols can be found.

So? I think I see the Nike swoosh in there too, not to mention a crude GEICO gecko.

I don’t have a problem with what little I know of sacred geometry. I think believing in a mathematical order underlying the universe’s machinations makes sense. I just don’t get what all the brouhaha over these symbols are. They are beautiful yes, they make great mandalas to meditate or whatever with, but…..

I guess I just don’t get what spiritual significance they are supposed to have. I also don’t understand what sort of “key”  you are hoping to glean from the symbol.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

I’m trying but I just can’t see the Atari symbol in there.  If any symbol was sacred, that would be the one.

Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-02

I see the new Doctor Who logo in there LOL

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

I am sure it is.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

OMFG!!!

Image Attachments
circles.bmp
 Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

Don’t forget the ‘complete ancient pond of relaxation’...

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
David B. - 20 June 2007 06:30 PM

Don’t forget the ‘complete ancient pond of relaxation’...

smile  brings back sweet memories of seeing one of the original prints with C. Escher Rules!

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

...and trivial linear tesselation is not as pretty as hyperbolic geometry anyway.

http://www.hiddendimension.com/images/FloralDesign.jpg

(Edit: Nngngn! Lama was too fast for me…)
smile

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-02

that looks like our kitchen linoleum from when I was a kid.

Signature 

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

What I don’t like about this sort of thing (well, perhaps I should say that what I don’t like about this sort of thing aside from the general feeling of ennui that it gives me) is that it makes it sound…not merely mystical and magical, but instantly mystical and magical. Instant contemplation—just like Instant Breakfast or instant weight loss?

I’m sure there are things that can help with meditation—I don’t know that this is one of them, but, heck, why not?—just as there are things that help with prayer, but the key word is “help.” If the rosary or the cross helps you to concentrate on God, if the ancient flower of life helps you focus on the Infinite, by all means, use them. But when it comes down to it, those things are only teaching aids. I mean, you still gotta pray the prayer or focus on the Infinite, right? If focusing on the cross merely makes you wonder what kind of wood your particular cross is made of or if focusing on the ancient flower makes you think of that Spirograph you had when you were 8…well, I wouldn’t say they’ve been all that helpful.

{paginate}
1 of 32
{/paginate}