2 of 3
Ghost at a New Mexican Courthouse?
Posted: 19 June 2007 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

Looking at it again I can make out the distortion to the bottom right of the object.  It could be a stick or something, for all we know.  The resolution isn’t high enough to for something that thin to show up.  Or maybe a balloon and string floating by.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 19 June 2007 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

Okay, watched it. Man, that could be anything. Why would people automatically leap to the conclusion that it’s a ghost?

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 19 June 2007 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-02-15

I found this more convincing:

Tinyurl : http://tinyurl.com/2l2jfn

URL : http://www.break.com/1408/sitter-cam-catches-ghost.html

; )

Bruno

Posted: 19 June 2007 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28
Bruno - 19 June 2007 08:43 PM

; )

Bruno

LOL  That’s pretty good.  I couldn’t hear any sound, though, my speakers are messed up.

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

Posted: 19 June 2007 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
Bruno - 19 June 2007 08:43 PM

; )

Bruno

Loved it!

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 19 June 2007 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06

Video does play for me, although a bit slow to load at first.

Something shiny with a dark patch trailing below and slightly behind it. No idea what it is. But early in the video it seems to shortly give a specular reflection.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 19 June 2007 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Stargazer - 19 June 2007 06:39 PM

Video not loading for me. :(

MadCarlotta - 19 June 2007 06:46 PM

Me neither downer

Maegan - 19 June 2007 07:09 PM

My video showed up…but I couldn’t get it to play.

Har har har har!  Now you all get to live my curse!  Take that!  cheese

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 June 2007 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

All I can think of is the brief clip in the X-Files opening sequence where a ‘ghost’ walks down a corridor on CCTV (where the caption ‘Government denies knowledge’ appears).

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 20 June 2007 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Consulting my deep self, it looks to me like the ghost of a man, say killed perhaps 20 years ago, I see other people involved, perhaps hostages….....

it is so hard to get a clear image…......

Dan, psyching away

Posted: 20 June 2007 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

Looks more like an orb to me. wink

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 20 June 2007 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28

Orbs are the worst kind of ghost photograph, and the ones that are most easily explained.  The best explaination of orbs came from Chicago’s Ghost Research Society.

Orbs! The name conjures up little balls of white light. Most orb photographs are taken with digital cameras under extremely low-light conditions and are nothing more than digital flaws caused by lack of pixilation or filling of the proper colors due to a digital defect. I have viewed thousands of such pictures and they are nothing paranormal, especially when taken with older digital cameras. Solution: always use another camera in conjunction with any digital camera especially under low-light conditions. Those not taken with digital cameras could be moisture droplets in the air illuminated by the flash unit, rain, blowing dust, snow or sometimes even small insects. Please be aware of the weather conditions under which you take your photographs.

I had a friend who used to say she was the orb master photographer.  She caught these orbs like crazy! Surely she was a some sort of medium for ghosts.  Now, this person is a very nice and pleasant person, but a little naive.  “What kind of camera do you use?” I asked her once.  “A digital.” she replied. “It’s kind of old, but it does what it’s supposed to do.”  LOL

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

2 of 3