{/paginate}
Stewardess Calls in Threat to Get Day Off
Posted: 18 October 2005 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20051016/D8D91VR00.html

COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) - A SriLankan Airlines stewardess called in a bomb threat because she wanted a day off, a newspaper reported Sunday.
Investigators traced the call and found that it was made from a mobile phone belonging to the stewardess’ boyfriend, Colombo’s Sunday Times weekly reported.
“The inquiry reveals that the stewardess had given the false alarm because she did not want to fly that day,” it said.
The stewardess was fired, it reported.

SriLankan Airlines spokeswoman Ruvini Jayasinghe declined to either confirm or deny the report and referred the call to senior officials, who were not immediately reachable.

In recent months, two bomb threats forced aircraft to return to the ground in Sri Lanka.
On Oct. 3, a London-bound SriLankan Airlines plane returned to Colombo’s international airport after a telephone caller said there was a bomb on board. The aircraft landed safely and no explosives were found.
On Sept. 8, one passenger was killed and 20 others were injured in a stampede to evacuate a Saudi Air plane at the same airport after a similar bomb threat.

SriLankan Airlines is 40 percent owned by Dubai-based Emirates Airlines and 60 percent by Sri Lanka’s government.

This reminds me of the girl in London who was in the news a few months back, after getting her friend to call in a bomb threat to delay the plane she was late for.
Idiots.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 18 October 2005 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

The number of times my work collegues and I have joked about doing this so we can go home early…*sigh* this is a reminder that it wouldn’t work anyway.

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 18 October 2005 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I know kids at school used to do this A LOT.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 18 October 2005 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

what happend to just calling in sick?

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 19 October 2005 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  180
Joined  2005-10-12

I have to admit that I did this a couple times in highschool in order to go to concerts that required lots of drive time that I would have to make during school hours to make it at door’s open.

Signature 

“No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.”
When humanity forgets the importance of art, art will forget that humanity exists… - Me / 2004

Posted: 19 October 2005 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

My cousin tried to do this at our school, he made the mistake of leaving his REAL name. Fool.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}