Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

This guy is really good with Lego:

Sculptures

[url=http://www.brickartist.com/gallery.html]Nathan “the Brick”

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 01 June 2007 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2006-01-23

Yes, hes pretty talented, but the best lego creation ive ever seen is the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster (which ive probably already posted on here) but the link to it is:

Chris Doyle’s Church of the FSM

Make sure you see the rest of it… theres links to the 6 other pages at the bottom.

Signature 

conteskimo.blogspot.com

Posted: 02 June 2007 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

If any of you ever happen to be sitting around in Denmark with nothing to do one day, then you might want to consider visiting an amusement park there called LegoLand.  Yes, it is a theme park based on Legos.  They have some rather impressive creations there, such as little cities that you can walk around in (a good place for you to practice your Godzilla impersonations, as long as you don’t get carried away and knock over any buildings).

I have some pictures somewhere that I took of the place. . .maybe I can find them and scan them onto my computer some time.

Ah ha!  Found them!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 June 2007 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10
Accipiter - 02 June 2007 04:54 AM

If any of you ever happen to be sitting around in Denmark with nothing to do one day, then you might want to consider visiting an amusement park there called LegoLand.  Yes, it is a theme park based on Legos.  They have some rather impressive creations there, such as little cities that you can walk around in (a good place for you to practice your Godzilla impersonations, as long as you don’t get carried away and knock over any buildings).

I have some pictures somewhere that I took of the place. . .maybe I can find them and scan them onto my computer some time.

There’s a legoland in san diego as well.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 02 June 2007 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Oh, so California does have some signs of civilisation after all.  wink

It’s not the original LegoLand, though.  And does it have vikings, cowboys and pirates?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 June 2007 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

Actually, LEGOLand California is in Carlsbad.  Slightly north of San Diego.

And, no, they don’t have Vikings.  But they do have Pirates.

And it might be good to note that, as of last month, LEGOLand Windsor has Vikings.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 02 June 2007 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

In my internetcafe we have a big box of Lego for kids. However they are more used by grownups who have to wait. They sit at the table eyeing the Lego. You see them thinking “I

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 02 June 2007 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Heh, I had several big crates full of Legos that I played with until I lost them in my late 20’s.  And I will play with the ones in the corner of one of the food places I sometimes go to with absolutely no hesitation.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2007 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

That

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 02 June 2007 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

I was actually tempted to buy some more a little while ago, but all the sets I saw in the stores are too weird now.  They were all themed to movies and things like that, and didn’t really have much to them it seems.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2007 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

I’ve never really grown out of lego.  Just never had anyone to play with.  Thank goodness for my niece!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 02 June 2007 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Right, then, it’s a new Museum of Hoaxes project:  the first all-Lego bridge stretching from the eastern US to the Balearics to West Australia!

Who knows of a really big toy store?

Signature 

{paginate}
1 of 3
{/paginate}