3 of 4
Dutch Reality Show: Win This Person
Posted: 02 June 2007 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Here you get an organ donor’s card from a doctor or hospital. It details on it what bit you want to donate.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 03 June 2007 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10
Renquist - 03 June 2007 12:22 AM

Here you get an organ donor’s card from a doctor or hospital. It details on it what bit you want to donate.

So I mention it when I’m at the doctor?  I can’t just sign up on a form or something?

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 03 June 2007 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I’m like Carlotta, I just signed up when I got my driver’s license.  Maybe you can check with your licensing people?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 03 June 2007 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10

They never gave me that option when I originally signed up.  Oh, and I can’t go to a DMV because I have a california license and i live in arizona.

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 03 June 2007 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

You just enjoy being difficult, Razela, don’t you?  wink

Hmm. . .you could try looking at this website.  I didn’t go through it all so I don’t know how helpful it would be, but it looks promising.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 03 June 2007 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10

I tried that website when I was originally looking.  It was weird though.  I think it only works if you die at a hospital in arizona or something.  Or you had to have an AZ drivers license.  I can’t remember, but there was something weird about it.

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 03 June 2007 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Maybe you can leave your organs to provide food for indigent cats, then?  Surely the needs of cats are important, too.

Okay, here’s one other website I found.  Beyond that, well, I suppose you’ll have to ask an Arizonian.  Maybe Sharruma will have some ideas.  Or somebody on the military base, they’re usually really interested in organ donations.  Or you could e-mail the people at one of those websites and find out.

Signature 

Posted: 03 June 2007 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

You could always just have a dog tag printed up with “take my organs if you find me dead” on it. And make sure you tell all your family members your wishes. That way if you are in a terrible accident they know what you want done.

Otherwise you’ll probably have to wait until you switch your license over to an AZ one, if you plan on doing that at all, or contact the California DMV and ask them how you’d go about it.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 03 June 2007 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Maybe I’ll get a tatoo of kidneys on my back situated directly over where they are, and a little note saying “Take these in event of death”.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 03 June 2007 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21

Do you think you can donate your body to a necrophiliac?

Signature 

Three out of four, that aint half bad…

Posted: 03 June 2007 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-06-03
Slender Loris - 03 June 2007 05:58 PM

Do you think you can donate your body to a necrophiliac?

Ouch… but on that topic (well, almost) I have seen on TV shows about a place in either Kentucky or Tennesee called a body farm or something like that. You can donate your whole body to them, and they’ll use it to train crime scene investigator students. Some of the things they could do with your body include burying you in a shallow grave, or leaving you above ground in the woods for while (they like to study varying stages of decomp.), set you up as a murder victim in a prop house, etc… so if you want someone messing around with you after you’re dead and you can’t find a necro, give them a call at the body farm wink

3 of 4