3 of 12
{/paginate}
Toby Alexander - another warning
Posted: 30 May 2007 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

Hmmm…I have a strange sense of deja vu...

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 30 May 2007 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Smerk - 30 May 2007 11:56 AM

The best scams are the ones peole keep falling for again and again and again and again.

I’m done with the three card monte, I’m going to scam people by claiming to turn them into Tomorrow People by smacking them in the head with a book on critical thinking.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

And don’t forget, Smerk can see the future!  Get her to tell you what it will be like!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
Accipiter - 30 May 2007 12:15 PM

And don’t forget, Smerk can see the future!  Get her to tell you what it will be like!

What with a nuclear holocaust in a fortnight I can only assume the word “burnt” will feature prominently tongue wink

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15
Renquist - 30 May 2007 11:53 AM
Peter - 30 May 2007 10:32 AM
samvado - 29 May 2007 08:31 PM

I was also scammed by the notorious Toby although I only lost $200,-.
I am quite psychic myself - if anyone did anything to me, especially a treatment like the one proposed by Toby, it would not go unnoticed.
However, in both session I felt ZILCH. Needles to mention, now, 6 month later, my DNA is as unactivated as it ever was.
Toby also never sent me a follow-up report.
It is fortunate for him that he resides in a country that does not prosecute scammers like him.

-sam

ps: I do not support “professional sceptics”
people who are close minded “know alls” are a bigger curse to the situation today than all the Tobys of earth together.

If you give me $200 I’ll provide you with a retro-active prediction. My retro-active predictions cover events that happened in the past 2000 years.

I give a money back guarantee on my retro-active predictions. I guarantee that all retro-active predictons will only give details on what is known. The exception being when details are unknown so I will just make things up as I go.

I’ll do it for $199.

And what’s more I’ll make you really psychic. Go, guess what number, 15 digits long, I’m thinking of. Got it? What is it?

Why, that’s the number I was thinking of! You’re incredible. By extension, that means I’m incredible! tongue wink

Just to prove my powers I’ll make a retro-active prediction now.

I retro-actively predict that a well known author known only as Renquist will offer his services for a fee of at least one dollar less than my fee.

There. You see? You shall all bow down before me and recognise my powers to predict the past.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
Peter - 30 May 2007 12:21 PM
Renquist - 30 May 2007 11:53 AM
Peter - 30 May 2007 10:32 AM

I was also scammed by the notorious Toby although I only lost $200,-.
I am quite psychic myself - if anyone did anything to me, especially a treatment like the one proposed by Toby, it would not go unnoticed.
However, in both session I felt ZILCH. Needles to mention, now, 6 month later, my DNA is as unactivated as it ever was.
Toby also never sent me a follow-up report.
It is fortunate for him that he resides in a country that does not prosecute scammers like him.

-sam

people who are close minded “know alls” are a bigger curse to the situation today than all the Tobys of earth together.

If you give me $200 I’ll provide you with a retro-active prediction. My retro-active predictions cover events that happened in the past 2000 years.

I give a money back guarantee on my retro-active predictions. I guarantee that all retro-active predictons will only give details on what is known. The exception being when details are unknown so I will just make things up as I go.

I’ll do it for $199.

And what’s more I’ll make you really psychic. Go, guess what number, 15 digits long, I’m thinking of. Got it? What is it?

Why, that’s the number I was thinking of! You’re incredible. By extension, that means I’m incredible! tongue wink

Just to prove my powers I’ll make a retro-active prediction now.

I retro-actively predict that a well known author known only as Renquist will offer his services for a fee of at least one dollar less than my fee.

There. You see? You shall all bow down before me and recognise my powers to predict the past.

I knew you were going to say that.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

At the time I discarded it because I knew it would be a deja vu later in life.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 30 May 2007 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

“The New Age is a Paper Tiger” by Dr. Adequate.

New Age: Wouldn’t it be wonderful if minute doses of toxins could make people healthier?

Science: Vaccination?

New Age: Homeopathy! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could cure diseases by sticking needles in people?

Science: Intravenous injection?

New Age: Acupuncture! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if people without medical degrees or scientific training could treat serious medical conditions by the laying on of hands?

Science: CPR?

New Age: Faith healing! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if naturally occurring substances could cure diseases?

Science: Penicillin?

New Age: Ephedra! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if people had remarkable mental powers?

Science: Language, memory, imagination, reason, love, compassion, hope, altruism…

New Age: Spoonbending! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if people could communicate with one another over large distances?

Science: By telephone?

New Age: By telepathy! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was some way of seeing distant people and places?

Science: Television?

New Age: Remote viewing! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if people could fly?

Science: By aeroplane?

New Age: By bouncing on their bottoms and repeating a mantra! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could determine the sex of an unborn child?

Science: Using ultrasound?

New Age: Using pendulum dowsing! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if every part of the universe was bound to every other part by mysterious forces?

Science: As in quantum physics?

New Age: As an explanation for the tricks of stage psychics! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if mysterious vibrations were the explanation for all phenomena?

Science: Quantum physics again, surely?

New Age: Such as the “good vibrations” I get from my magic crystals! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was such a thing as “negative energy’‘?

Science: As is associated with a gravitational field?

New Age: As an objective, scientific explanation of why I should dislike the people I dislike! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the study of numbers and calculation could help us to discover how the world works?

Science: Mathematics?

New Age: Numerology! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there were some things science can’t explain…

Science: Here’s a list as long as your arm. Can you help us to get research funding?

New Age: ... such as why a pretty pebble price $29.99 plus postage and packing can improve my karma and ward off negative forces! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if studying the stars could lead us to important truths?

Science: Such as the origin of the universe?

New Age: Such as that Librans should avoid shopping trips this Wednesday! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if in some distant mountain range there flourished an shaggy semi-intelligent animal closely related to humans?

Science: The Congo mountain gorilla?

New Age: The yeti! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the Earth were being observed from outer space?

Science: By weather satellites?

New Age: By Little Green Men! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if ancient civilizations had discovered a mysterious occult key to the workings of the Universe, the knowlege of which has been handed down from generation to generation by a small, shy, uncommunicative sect?

Science: Mathematicians?

New Age: Atlanteans! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if superior intelligences who have mastered the secrets of space flight were trying to communicate with me?

Science: Scientists?

New Age: Aliens! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there were beautiful stripy ferocious big cats living in Asia…

Science: Tigers?

New Age: ... made entirely out of paper! After all, aren’t things always more wonderful if they are…

Science: Real?

New Age: Imaginary!

I can’t beat that.

Posted: 30 May 2007 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

*applauds*

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 30 May 2007 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

You disagree with people who would like to see objective, repeatable evidence for something, yet you rubbish Toby Alexander as a scammer when he can no doubt produce hundreds of testimonials to his success. Against all this weight of ‘evidence’, we have only your word that your DNA hasn’t been activated!

Sorry, but by your own standards of proof, it would be you, not Toby, who is the fraud.

Posted: 30 May 2007 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
David B. - 30 May 2007 02:53 PM

You disagree with people who would like to see objective, repeatable evidence for something, yet you rubbish Toby Alexander as a scammer when he can no doubt produce hundreds of testimonials to his success. Against all this weight of ‘evidence’, we have only your word that your DNA hasn’t been activated!

Sorry, but by your own standards of proof, it would be you, not Toby, who is the fraud.

Although we would still like to point out that Toby Alexander IS a fraud. tongue wink

Just to make sure someone doesn;t take a look over that and ascertain “Oh, So Toby isn’t the fraud, it’s this guy. Oh well I’ll got and get my DNA activated and find out how to read minds.”

Signature 

- Voltaire

{paginate}
3 of 12
{/paginate}