{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}
American tourist thinks everybody walks naked in Germany and gets busted.
Posted: 23 May 2007 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

A naked American tourist raised eyebrows when he went for a walk through a German city and told police he thought this was acceptable behaviour in Germany.

“We have been having unusually hot weather here lately but, all the same, we can’t have this,” a spokesman for police in the southern city of Nuremberg said on Tuesday. “The man said he thought walking around naked was tolerated in Germany.”

Many Germans enjoy nude sunbathing which is allowed in public parks. The 41-year-old was carrying his clothes in a bag when police stopped him on Monday evening after complaints from pedestrians.

The tourist was not under the influence of drugs, said police. They made him get dressed and pay a 200 euro (136 pound) deposit pending his investigation for indecent behaviour.

Source

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 23 May 2007 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

What gave him the impression that Germans waltzed around in the buff?

Naked people lying down sunbathing in a park is one thing, but didn’t he notice none of them walking around the town doing the shopping?

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 23 May 2007 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

It might come from all those websites showing naked girls walking around German towns.  Not that I would know anything about those sites, I just saw something about it on Wikipedia or something.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 23 May 2007 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
Charybdis - 23 May 2007 03:37 PM

It might come from all those websites showing naked girls walking around German towns.  Not that I would know anything about those sites, I just saw something about it on Wikipedia or something.

I know it is difficult for you guys across the Atlantic. However most of those pictures are made in other funny speaking countries. Like EASTERN Europe. And I don

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 23 May 2007 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

Well, unless Dusseldorf if a popular city name outside of Germany, I think I’ll just have to ignore your comments.  raspberry

And yes, most of them seem Dutch or ‘miscellaneous’, but there are definitely many from Germany.  Not that it’s legal, but then it isn’t here either and there are still plenty of sites for it.  Or so my research indicates.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 23 May 2007 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

When in Europe use your common sense. If you see topless ladies but no bottomless people, you know you can go topless, if everybody is in the buff so you can go naked. Sometimes it

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 23 May 2007 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

I spent 4 years in Germany near Karlsruhe and not once did I see a naked person outside of the nude beaches that seem to occupy a corner of every abandoned quarry in the area.  I can’t imagine where this guy would have gotten the idea that people walk around naked on a regular basis.  However having said that there were quite a few girls that lived near me that would certainly have had my full attention if they had walked around naked.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 23 May 2007 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

The world would probably be a happier place if we all walked around naked.

Except in Norway. Nobody would have any extremities.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 23 May 2007 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-09-11
Renquist - 23 May 2007 08:05 PM

Whaddya mean by that? We have looong hot summers up here. Last year we had full summer & 26C (79F) as early as April 26. It lasted til mid september if my memory is correct.
And while we don’t go to the mall nekkid, lotsa people use those hot summers to get a nice tan all over LOL

And agreed; I think the world would be a better place, too!

Signature 

This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!”

Some people are like slinkies: They don’t really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posted: 23 May 2007 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
eovti - 23 May 2007 08:51 PM
Renquist - 23 May 2007 08:05 PM

Whaddya mean by that? We have looong hot summers up here. Last year we had full summer & 26C (79F) as early as April 26. It lasted til mid september if my memory is correct.
And while we don’t go to the mall nekkid, lotsa people use those hot summers to get a nice tan all over LOL

And agreed; I think the world would be a better place, too!

From what I hear, Norway has some coooooold ass winters. tongue wink

Having said that, Norway is one place I’ve always wanted to go. Naked or not.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 24 May 2007 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

So, how come it is always men who do this naked stuff?

Dan, deeply disappointed

Posted: 24 May 2007 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Because I keep my wife locked and stowed away, like most sensible men.

Signature 

Trust me.

{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}