Tims Don’t Look Like Bobs
Posted: 23 May 2007 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

El Cid kicked more ass.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 23 May 2007 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

[quote author=“Beasjt

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 23 May 2007 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5509
Joined  2007-03-14

I always had this thing about my girlfriends names.  When I was young I seemed to pick girlfriends on the basis of how their name fit with my last name.  Not that I was in a hurry to get married or anything.  No…  really….      Now I’m just thankful when a woman pays attention to me.  To heck with the name.  wink

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 23 May 2007 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Apparently I look like a Chloe or Emily. Dunno why.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 23 May 2007 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I don’t look like a Heather. At least i think I don’t. I don’t know what I look like

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 23 May 2007 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
Boo - 23 May 2007 04:45 PM

I don’t think I ever had two people I dated with the same name. Not the people I actually dated dated, anyway.
wink

In regards to the ‘do you resemble your name’ discussion, my mum once told me this.

“When I was pregnant with you, I was going to call you Emily or Flora. I thought they were nice, delicate, feminine names. Now…” *eyes me critically* “well, now I think Emily is a nice, delicate, feminine name.”

LOL

Haha!  LOL  My mom said she had picked out more than one name for me.  One was Ellie.  She said when I was born, I just didn’t look like an Ellie…and one of the other names she picked was Maegan & she used that.  The spelling was important to her…she wasn’t sure why, but she hated Megan/Megen/Meghan or any other variant.  It HAD to be MAEgan.

I can’t imagine Jocelynn w/ any of the other names I picked out while I was pregnant…and now that I’m doing it all over again…I want to have a group of names to choose from rather than just ONE single name to use no matter what.

But I know plenty of people who are Bob or Tim that don’t seem especially round.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 23 May 2007 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

My parents had a list of names as long as your arm for me but I didn’t suit any. After a while they just named me after my dad. Which is fine. I’m told I suit ‘Alex’ just fine. And I like it, best name there is.

Havoc with the mail and phone calls, right enough. I keep getting offered planning engineering posts abroad. One day I might accept and show up contract signed with no idea what to do.

Not that it matters. As far as I can tell planning engineers don’t do anything except tell delegate and read the paper tongue wink

Consequently, I like names more based on what they mean. If I know what a name means and I see someone with it I can ascertain whether I think it suits them or not.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 24 May 2007 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Maegan - 23 May 2007 11:28 PM

I can’t imagine Jocelynn w/ any of the other names I picked out while I was pregnant…and now that I’m doing it all over again…I want to have a group of names to choose from rather than just ONE single name to use no matter what.

You wrote down all the names that we suggested, right?  Just in case any of them happen to fit?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 24 May 2007 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Can you try the fit of a name in public or do you have to go to the changingroom?

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 24 May 2007 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

I’ve had one woman who always used to call me Susan.  I also get called Claire occasionally.  And Erin is another popular one.  Although those last two are usually over the phone, not face-to-face.  Must be something to do with the way I answer the phone at work. smile

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 24 May 2007 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Your lovers are promiscuous and call you names when making hot… oooppss

Signature 

Trust me.

2 of 3