6 of 6
Eurovision Song Contest
Posted: 12 May 2007 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1826
Joined  2006-03-03

Great…we’re being represented by a bunch of morons in air host/ess outfit. Wop de dingle doo.

Signature 

I am the Malfunction!

Because dignity is overrated anyway cheese

Posted: 12 May 2007 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
Malfunctioned - 12 May 2007 06:41 PM

Great…we’re being represented by a bunch of morons in air host/ess outfit. Wop de dingle doo.

Look, they’re not representing me.
I (plus Chris, Matt and Boo) am taking no responsibility for that lot! wink

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 14 May 2007 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
LaMa - 11 May 2007 09:29 PM

That the worst may win!  LOL

Madmouse - 12 May 2007 12:39 AM
Boo - 11 May 2007 09:36 PM

In which case, it could well be the UK entry…
wink

Yeah, good point.
Mind you, if the campest entry wins, then that’s us too!

Well, the UK entry wasn’t the worst, so it didn’t win.
Also, to my eternal surprise, it wasn’t even the campest!
rolleyes

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 15 May 2007 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Um, one of the writers behind “Borat” is teaming up with some other guy and making a movie about the Eurovision song contest. LOL

Duo strike tune with Working Title
Mazer, Jones to pen comedy on song contest

“Borat” screenwriter Dan Mazer and “History Boys” producer Damian Jones have struck a deal with Working Title Films to make a comedy movie about the Eurovision Song Contest.

The idea for “Eurovision: The Movie” was originated by Mazer and Jones, who will produce with Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner for Working Title.

This annual TV songfest brings together pop acts from 42 countries to compete for its grand prize, with the winner decided by votes from national juries. Cheesy, kitsch and often inadvertently hilarious, it’s one of Europe’s most-watched TV events.

Although it occasionally creates international pop stars, such as Celine Dion and Abba, its winners typically rapidly fade into obscurity.

The 52nd edition of the contest, organized by the European Broadcasting Union, took place Sunday in Helsinki, Finland. One of the fest’s traditions is that the winning country hosts the next year’s event. The 2006 contest was won by Lordi, a band of Finnish Goth rockers dressed as orcs.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 15 May 2007 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Madmouse - 14 May 2007 11:25 PM
LaMa - 11 May 2007 09:29 PM

That the worst may win!  LOL

Madmouse - 12 May 2007 12:39 AM
Boo - 11 May 2007 09:36 PM

In which case, it could well be the UK entry…
wink

Yeah, good point.
Mind you, if the campest entry wins, then that’s us too!

Well, the UK entry wasn’t the worst, so it didn’t win.
Also, to my eternal surprise, it wasn’t even the campest!
rolleyes

I saw the UK entry for about 5 seconds on the TV a couple of weeks ago and thought “To Hell with that. I’m gonna watch House on DVD instead.”

The very concept of a WORSE entry truly boggles my mind. Bring Lordi back. That was fun.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 15 May 2007 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

What does it say about me that I know who Lordi is without ever knowing of the Eurovision contest until recently? LOL

Of course, this is someone who also knows all about Mortiis too….

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

6 of 6

‹‹ Darwin Awards Movie      This made me laugh! ››