Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-04-05

TACOMA, Wash. (AP)

Posted: 05 April 2007 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

That’s harsh. I hope they compensate her.
I did laugh a little though. (sadistatheart?)

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 06 April 2007 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Deja Vu.

Our next door neighbor passed away a few weeks ago (not real old - 75 with lung cancer that spread).  Unfortunately, she was a very sad person and had no friends in the neighborhood.  My husband was probably the only person who spoke to her and occasionally she was even civil to him. 

Anyway, last week her son was there mowing and doing yard work probably in preparation for selling the property, and we were doing yard work as well.  Our driveways are next to each other with a couple of feet of grass inbetween.  Since our grass and leaves blew into the neighbors drive, my husband did what he always does and got out the blower to blow them off her drive and onto our property.  To do so, he had to stand on the neighbors drive.  The son came up to Bob and said, “My mom said she had to keep telling you to keep off her property.  Don’t you know what ‘No Tresspassing’means?’”

I was in the backyard and did’n't hear this, but Bob came back and told me, and I blew a gasket.  I started yelling loud enough for the guy to hear me about how I couldn’t feed the cardinals and other birds for two years because the neighbor’s cats came over and stalked and killed them and pooped in my yard, but I couldn’t complain because the last time I talked to her she was so mean she made me cry and I never even thought of letting my dogs poop in her yard, and how we never complained when she threw her fallen tree limbs into our yard as if we didn’t know,  and he was damn lucky he had neighbors who actually watched the empty house and was I gonna go over there and give him a piece of my mind and if that guy had the nerve to speak to me like he spoke to Bob I’d give him something to cry about like his mother made me cry and tell him exactly why nobody in the neighborhood bothered to come by…..

Within two minutes he and his wife were packed up and gone.

Anyway, I (jokingly) asked my husband if it were illegal to go on the internet and annouce that the house at (number, street, zip) was uninhabited and without an alarm system. 

Bob also went out with the blower and replace all the clippings and leaves (and a little extra) back into the neighbors drive.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 06 April 2007 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Sounds like an awesome neighbour you had there, Bebe.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 19 May 2007 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-05-19

The saddest story and with that ending. Yikes.

Signature 

Poems That Make You Laugh
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ErnestSlyman