1 of 5
God is Not the Creator Name. That has been a lie going around for years.
Posted: 02 April 2007 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2006-09-02

I realize that many will ask, “Isn’t the word GOD a name for the Creator?” Or they will ask, “Isn’t the LORD a holy name?” The Scriptural answer to these questions is a definite NO! If you have a reliable Bible dictionary, you can research these words for yourself. If you do not, you may go to your nearest library where these Bible helps are available, and you will find the FOLLOWING in Unger’s Bible Dictionary, Merrill F. Unger, Moody Press, Chicago, IL, under the word Baal on page 413.

The Name of the Creator is Yahweh, and should have been retained in that form in The Holy Scriptures. The words Lord and God are NOT RIGHTEOUS titles and are NOT to be used as titles of Yahweh, since they ARE the very titles for BAAL, the host of heaven, or troop.

You read more on the meaning of god, lord, baal and see for yourself http://www.yahweh.com/booklets/Whois/Whois.htm

Posted: 02 April 2007 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06

Well: So What?!?

As the Bard of Avon wrote:

What’s in a name?

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 02 April 2007 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

Yes, I also fail to see a point here.

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 02 April 2007 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I hadn’t seen his screen name before, but he’s posted like 23 times or something.

I know a couple of regulars here have modified their screen names.  Out of curiousity, could a mod or somebody be able to see if the screen name has been changed and if so from what (who)?  I have a little bet going on with myself…..

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 02 April 2007 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

Bebe, as just a regular mod I can’t see if a screen name has been changed ( or at least I don’t think I can) but if you pm me with your suspicions, I can check the IP addresses and see if they’re the same if you want.

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 02 April 2007 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
Bebelicious - 02 April 2007 01:03 PM

I hadn’t seen his screen name before, but he’s posted like 23 times or something.

I know a couple of regulars here have modified their screen names.  Out of curiousity, could a mod or somebody be able to see if the screen name has been changed and if so from what (who)?  I have a little bet going on with myself…..

Bebe, this is the guy who posted that the world was going to end from nuclear war on Sept 12 of last year. He hasn’t changed screen names, you were probably just ignoring that long rambling thread smile

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 02 April 2007 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2006-05-29

‘hewhaY’ and I just undid creation. (forgot the movie(s) I got this from raspberry )
Oh wait, it’s still there.

Yeah well, all words/names are mere references after all. (Mon Dieu, c’est vrai!)

And I’m rather certain only the folowers of Baal-zebub these days would think of the chief of all devils (Matth. 12:24) when hearing the word lord.

Signature 

-Paranoid amnesiac: I keep forgetting they’re after me-
Vanquished Illusions and Desire wear Techno-Organic Wings

Posted: 02 April 2007 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Bebelicious - 02 April 2007 01:03 PM

Oh, he’s been around for over half a year now, posting over on this topic about nuclear war.  I think this is the first time he’s strayed elsewhere.

As for what he said above:  “God” and “the Lord” never were considered names by anybody who I know, nor are they treated as such in any Bibles, Torahs, Korans, Books of Mormon, or whatnot that I’ve seen.  Those terms are job descriptions or titles, like saying “the Queen” or “Her Majesty” instead of Elizabeth II.

Nor do “Lord” and “God” have anything to do with the Phoenician language, so were not synonyms for Baal.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 April 2007 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

The difference is that people like sept12 get their “truth” from divine revelation, so for them a “word” is something with intrinsic meaning.  The rest of us accept that the meaning of a word is strictly conventional (i.e. we just generally agree on a meaning).  That’s why to us, his observation is silly—as Acci said, “So what?”

That’s also why sept12’s cult uses a bunch of very silly transliterations of biblical names.  I’m sure it’s supposed to have significance.

By the way, sept12, sounds like you’re trying to change the subject from a certain doomsday prophecy that seems. . . er. . doomed.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 02 April 2007 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
FrostBird - 02 April 2007 01:56 PM

‘hewhaY’ and I just undid creation. (forgot the movie(s) I got this from raspberry )
Oh wait, it’s still there.

Warlock, wasn’t it?

And God’s true name is ‘Nigel’; I heard this on Radio 4, so it must be true.

Posted: 02 April 2007 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
JoeDaJuggler - 02 April 2007 03:49 PM

By the way, sept12, sounds like you’re trying to change the subject from a certain doomsday prophecy that seems. . . er. . doomed.

LOL
That sounds about right!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 02 April 2007 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2006-01-19

http://holybibble.net/index.php .... gotta love Yahweh, with his magic tricks and singing!

1 of 5