RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

Bingo…..RSPCA….it figures…...

Posted: 07 October 2005 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2005-10-07

I don’t mean to sound gross or insensitive, but if I was trolling sharks with a dog that size as bait, I would run those hooks through the lower jaw… as it is, they are barely run through the skin of the lips.  Those hooks would tear through in a heartbeat, and off swims your bait.  Most shark fishermen go to sea where they simply catch and use other fish as bait, slitting the bellies open to chum the water with the entrails and blood.  Who wants to drag dogs and cats out to sea with them?  Nothing about it makes any practical sense at all. 

I have a much easier time believing these animals were hooked accidentally and in fact the person holding the dog’s head for the photos looks like they are wearing green surgical scrubs, like a VETERINARIAN treating an accidentally hooked dog, ya think??? 

Animal Righs nuts will take ANY picture and twist it to their own purposes - the more disturbing the better - to pull in donations.  I get their crap in the mail that still contains black and white photos of the old “Draize” test that was outlawed some 50 years ago!

Posted: 13 October 2005 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-10-12

“The Cruelty of Men”
“If only the story about live dogs being used as shark bait on a remote French island could have been a hoax. Sadly, it isn’t.”

I can not speak to the original photo, but this kind of thing does happen, and
here is an interesting article about the entire thing:

Here is an article by NewsWeek by Patti Davis (a Web-Exculive Commentary)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9664312/site/newsweek/

Posted: 13 October 2005 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

Doesn’t anyone feel sorry for the sharks?  Being pulled out of the water by a hook in your jaw isn’t too pleasant, either.

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 14 October 2005 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

When I did work experience in a vet, I saw a dog with something like that on its mouth, but the vet had put it on to cure it of something rather than to use it as bait (talking about the video one), I’m not saying this is just vets, but as ‘IhaetHoxes’ says, that would rip through in an instant. There’s no way that particuar one was real unless they knew nothing about fishing, dogs, or skin.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}